Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the new Unreal Tournament Colouring Style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i reckon with each map choosing in the options menu changing from a necris infected map to a normal map would be cool
    i like the change in this, the darker look ismore serious not cartoony like it was in UT200x

Comment

GOSH, there's nothing wrong with the look!!

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
        When I have the demo and adjust the gamma, brightness and details I'll tell you.
        same for me

Comment

Unreal wasn't very colorful to begin with and even UT had its own theme. UT200x was too colorful, what is the main reason, why I never really liked both games. A game needs it's own theme, that goes through the entire game, to built up an authentic atmosphere and a good style. For example Unreal Championship 2 had this ancient Nakhti vs. Liandri/Axon technology theme, which was very well designed, like Unreal had this middle age vs. Skaarj/Human technology/industrial theme, which was also an excellent contrast.

The problem is, if its getting too colorful like in UT2004, it won't look good. I don't want a comic game again, so I'm really looking foward to UT3's dark Necris theme.

Comment

Let's just hope that not all maps are dark
            I'd love to have maps like dawn without all the grey

I know people say that bright colors are 'cartoony' but look outside when the sun shines. All bright colors, but does real life look cartoony then ?

Comment

Originally posted by scribly View Post
              Let's just hope that not all maps are dark
              I'd love to have maps like dawn without all the grey

I know people say that bright colors are 'cartoony' but look outside when the sun shines. All bright colors, but does real life look cartoony then ?
              We are not talking about bright colors, but of basic and scandalous ones (cartoony)... switch your monitor's color deph to 16 bit and you'll see how ugly and basic it feels.

Comment

I'd just be happy to get a decent video, not from a cam but original fullscreen in-game footage, real 720p, with correct brightness/saturation balance and no encoding artifacts.
                I bet it would be also Epic's interest to give such a video to the masses.
                Amazingly, poor quality footage is abundant, but... Even the official trailer was way too dark, not real HD and with artifacts.

When I'll see how actually the game feels, then I'll judge the appearance, including coloring style.

I suggest you to refrain from commenting a pink part of an apparently really off-color vidcap.

Comment

Working...
                X