Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the new Unreal Tournament Colouring Style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are ups and downs....

this dark coloring scheme will make it easier to spot people without brightskins but i don't like that amount of desaturation.

Comment

Evolution of original UT style. I like it more than UT2004's

Comment

i like the dark theming. it reminds of ut99, which was also kinda dark/less colorfull.

2k3/4 was definitly too colorfull. propably to work with the "sport theme" ut2k3 had (BR)

Comment

i really like it this way cause it looks more realistic and more like the orginal ut. it looks more mystic and not so cartoony anymore. (another reason why i havnt played much ut2kx but ut99)

colors are in right place now... i mean i love how colors looked in Unreal, there were colorfull skies and landscape but in ut2kx they were just heavily overdone. it looked like they were trying to make as most colors as possible on each weapon/character/map... metal-things looked like plastic etc...

im still not very happy about the red rocket-launcher, it should look more metallic with yellow marks on it or so

Comment

I'm not sure about it.. that VCTF map that was released yesterday was just different shades of red.. :s

But I guess its easier on the eyes than UT2004.. and skins will be more visible.

I just dont want the UT series to turn into GOW..

Comment

Too dark? Too light? That's what Gamma & Brightness are for.

Doesn't matter, b/c all of u useless cannon fodder's WILL buy UT3 and u will LIKE it.

MUAAhahahaaa....

Comment

Originally posted by rAt.8^].bAg View Post
                Too dark? Too light? That's what Gamma & Brightness are for.
                I don't see that helping against this:
                Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
                I'm not sure about it.. that VCTF map that was released yesterday was just different shades of red.. :s
                Take a look at Curse4 that came with UT2004. No amount of gamma and brightness is going to fix that...

Comment

better to be dark and gloomy, than some hippy on drugs

Comment

Hey, don't b dissin the hippies on drugs. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be what we are today!!!

Comment

UT2004 only looked good if you were blind. The art direction seemed to have got lost at sea too. UT3 so far looks to have a solid and consistent theme that doesn't look slung together purely for the hell of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                        Take a look at Curse4 that came with UT2004. No amount of gamma and brightness is going to fix that...
                        Yeah. Curse4 is one of the maps I actually like tho'.

Comment

Since the begining, UT was supposed to be dark, after all it's the bloody sport of a violent future, you know: the "Mortal Kombat" of FPS. When I played it for the first time, its fast paced gameplay, dark aesthetics, nasty blood and gore and dirty language blown my mind away.
                          When 2kx versions arrived, everything became kind of a childish carnival: unprofessional menus, WWE-style announcers, reduced gore, excessively colored scheme, retarded new races (Gen-Mo'kai? c'mon! ), and so on... all that mature and dark feeling was destroyed IMO. Even when new cool gametipes was introduced like Ons and VCTF, the game felt everything but unreal...
                          New makeup of UT3 seems to give the Unreal feeling back again. Despite of being dark again, it doesn't look like UT'99 with better graphs but rather it has its own personality and looks unique, just as Gears did. A very clever evolution of the franchise tbh.
                          I give a strong Yes to the new look.... congratulations EPIC, you guys really rock!

Comment

I really like how the maps look...they are very detailed and you can look at huge distances....though I'm not very happy about the colors I've seen yet....It's all to much of the same colour...to much brown. Well it's better then UT2004 though.

Comment

Agree with ya mostly HK, except I wouldn't say 2k4 felt totally not Unreal. It still had the basic thing going for it, but was a poor interpretation of the original UT gothicness. Most of us already have said we want a return to the real feel of olde and Epic has understood...I hope.

It just aint UT if it ain't dark n' nasty. If the kiddies don't want their sensibilities damaged, they can go buy Rayman or something.

Comment

Originally posted by rAt.8^].bAg View Post
                                Agree with ya mostly HK, except I wouldn't say 2k4 felt totally not Unreal. It still had the basic thing going for it, but was a poor interpretation of the original UT gothicness. Most of us already have said we want a return to the real feel of olde and Epic has understood...I hope.
                                You're right. You've explained yourself way better

Comment

Working...
                                X