Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the new Unreal Tournament Colouring Style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like the new Unreal Tournament Colouring Style?

Hi there,

Me and my mate had a discussion about the new style of colouring UT3 featured. It all looks a lot darker(More towards GoW) then the previous installment. And we were wondering what you people thought of it.

We (as fanatic ut2k4 players) liked the old colourfull style more then the dark grim style we have seen so far in like Torlan.

The old torlan shown here in UT3:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/954.html

Looks a lot more nicer and filled then the Torlan shown at the LGC:
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/.../Leipzig_6.JPG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbYgh_j68Xk

So what's your opinion?

i like the coloring myself, dark and that will add to the atmosphere . btw its torlan_necris, its supposed to look gloomy. There is probably a normal torlan with birds and sunshine for you guys as well, dodging through daisys all day long is still an option.

i like ut2k4, but it seriously lacked in the color/lighting department. im glad it goes back to ut99 in that aspect.

Comment

I'm not happy with the way Torlan looks. It went from green to... purple?
      Darkness isn't really a problem IMO (UT was, after all, really dark as well until you upped the brightness, which is what I'll probably do in UT3 as well) but you're right UT3 seems to be too much brown and purple (i.e. dirt and... purple dirt?) and not enough green and gray. (i.e. grass and concrete)
      Then again, maps may look different depending on how Necris-y they've gotten.

Comment

UT200x looked like a fricking Nickelodeon cartoon. Most people completely despised this coloring scheme, myself included. Therefore UT3=WIN

Comment

And as the others have stated, Leipzig showcased Torlan_Necris, NOT Torlan.

Comment

I love it. It looks quite a bit like gears of war. I loved the gears colors. UT3 will have bright maps i'm sure. BUt i prefer the darker ones

Comment

Well there is more dirt on the ground, but otherwise it looks much the same. It's nighttime, apparently, or probably dark because of the Nanoblack conversion process. Maybe the non-infected version will be brighter, but I think the prevelence of dirt will remain.

I think it's premature to consider this game darker, as other maps are brighter than what we see in those videos of Torlan.

Comment

Oh I like the new look MUCH better than UT2004. It's more like UT. I think once you see it in game you'll be blown away.

Comment

When I have the demo and adjust the gamma, brightness and details I'll tell you.

Comment

Yeah i think from what ive seen its allot better than UT2k4, the contrast between light and dark really make a big difference, not only from a gaming perspective but also from an artistic perspective. The only thing is that in many game's players use these kind of dark areas for concealment, which in turn causes other players to make their ambiance/brightness higher so they can see in those dark areas, but i hope UT3 with have bright model skins, so it doesn't have to happen this way, keeping the gorgeous graphics in tact.

Comment

that's why they make tint,color,brightness,contrast,gamma and color temp

As for Consoles,they are stuck with only the first 3 options...though i have seen a couple of HDTV's that do have all of the above...but yeah the stock UT3 coloring is quite nice i.m.h.o.

Comment

I liked it the UT way. And UT was more colorful that UT3.

Comment

And that's a camshot you posted. I bet it looks far better when seen from an actual screenshot or when you are playing the game itself...

Comment

It's unique...I'm reserving a real opinion until I play it.

Comment

I don't mind the new look, because I think all the Epic mappers are gothicans. Maybe they like the dark look, but I hope this is not how the game will be, I would like some nice rich green grass and blue sky maps, which I havn't seen yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X