Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    But, erm... why aren't sniper rifle bullets slowed down by the cube?
    As someone here said before: Hitscan weapons can be seen as infinitely fast shots and infinity divided by any given value is still infinity.
    There seem to be some things to the field that might affect hitscan weapons, though. At least it looked like that in the presentation I saw at Leipzig. It can't be seen clearly in the video I recorded of it, but upon entering the field there was a hit-effect. Maybe the shot ends at the field border, but its rotation gets stored and another shot is fired into the cube with the same rotation. Then the same happens when it's exiting the cube again, with a short delay. It happened too fast to make out, so I could be totally wrong and the hit-effect was just a bug and there is no hitscan-delay after all, dunno.
    We'll have to wait for the demo, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a part 2 already?

Originally posted by wisdomWarrior View Post
    I just wish that you could walk faster in the game. It looks too slow to walk for my liking
    That wouldn't exactly work wonders for accuracy.

Problem: can't get around fast enough. Obvious solution: increase movement speed.

Underlying problem: map too big. Less obvious solution: make map smaller.

EDIT:

But, erm... why aren't sniper rifle bullets slowed down by the cube?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Part 2 T_T

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, that was pretty sweet.
    Thx for link.

It's time for the demo!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im like downloading a video every day and non satisfy... I mean we didn't need to see adam, i just wanted to see the monitor feed. and that was great quality... what a waste.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That was sooo awesome! I felt like i was playing the game myself. The graphics are amazing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @original poster: Thanks a lot.

Can I NOW love you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by scribly View Post
    I think it's just how the sniper looks while idle. With a bright flare visible from a long distance so people can easily find the location of a sniper
    Hmmm.. I don't think so. With the red tracer when shooting it's way enough to locate a sniper. I think that flare is just a bug, same with the scavenger's trembling cockpit right after climbing to the bridge.

Even this way the game seems to be quite refined.... simply spectacular! (can't wait 4 the demo! )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RyGaR View Post
    I just noticed something very strange looking at the very end of the video around 4:18 where he pulls out the sniper rifle and shoots into the slow motion cube object.

It almost looks as if he is charging up a shot for the sniper. Please say it ain't so epic :-o
    I think it's just how the sniper looks while idle. With a bright flare visible from a long distance so people can easily find the location of a sniper

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm impressed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice vid

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RyGaR View Post
    I just noticed something very strange looking at the very end of the video around 4:18 where he pulls out the sniper rifle and shoots into the slow motion cube object.

It almost looks as if he is charging up a shot for the sniper. Please say it ain't so epic :-o
    Most likely just a bug.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
    Did he just say that you could use the sniper rifle through the slow volume????

-Last thing he said in the vid
    I think he meant use it on people in the slow volume. I'd imagine shooting people that are across it would be a bit difficult.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks fantastic.

I just wish that you could walk faster in the game. It looks too slow to walk for my liking

The hover board thing helps a lot but if they could make it so that your in game walking pace is faster (closer to the PC version) then I'd be much happier. I'm not sure if that is frame rate related or not though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X