Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sentinels in base when core is shielded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    This statement is plainly wrong. (Not that I expected that people would suddenly start to think about what they write)
    Really? I have seen more comebacks on Torlan then I can count even thou I agree the map is totally messed up with the single prim. You need to adjust your game just as much to cut back on a 0-5 in CTF with 5 minutes left of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
      Really? I have seen more comebacks on Torlan then I can count even thou I agree the map is totally messed up with the single prim. You need to adjust your game just as much to cut back on a 0-5 in CTF with 5 minutes left of the game.
      But... ...in CTF you do not get opponents, that:

- Have 3 times the ressources than you.
      - Higher nodes so that the prime can be spammed upon but the next nodes are harder to take
      - Shorter ways to the Prime
      - A hill that only covers the Prime from the base.

In CTF you get:
      - Flag carrier has a bit more adrenaline

Comment

How about modifying the current spawn protection so that it inflicts any damage on the person attacking. It should also not be canceled by firing a starting weapon and have a visual indicator.

[edit]

It would need to be combined with a system that does not spawn players right next to nodes or the core.

Comment

But... ...in CTF you do not get opponents, that:

- Have 3 times the ressources than you.
          - Higher nodes so that the prime can be spammed upon but the next nodes are harder to take
          - Shorter ways to the Prime

In CTF you get:
          - Flag carrier has a bit more adrenaline
          True, but the node camping is easier to live with then the bratwurst camping in CTF. The only time Torlan is totally hopeless is if you play it on a public server with too many slots and the rest of your team decides to defend the core with everything they got.

Comment

True, but the node camping is easier to live with then the bratwurst camping in CTF.
            Pardon my ignorance, but what is bratwurst camping?

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
              Pardon my ignorance, but what is bratwurst camping?
              Placing the whole team on camp spots around the flag waiting for the other team to try and get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
                How about modifying the current spawn protection so that it inflicts any damage on the person attacking. It should also not be canceled by firing a starting weapon and have a visual indicator.

[edit]

It would need to be combined with a system that does not spawn players right next to nodes or the core.
                Nope, firing should forfit your shield. Just add afew seconds to the protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                  If your primary goes down and enemies flock to it, its not over. Send a small attack team to an unconnected reinforcement node, while keep sending a few teammates to counter the enemy at the primary and keep them distracted. Then, once the unconnected node is built, send in the goliaths/darkwalkers and reak havok.
                  Meanwhile, your enemies do the same. Only they have more vehicles. And you can't spare too many people or the core will be dead before your plan comes to fruition*.

* I wanted to use that phrase sometime. Sounds strangely evil.

*snicker*

How about modifying the current spawn protection so that it inflicts any damage on the person attacking.
                  That would put a serious cramp in tank spam. If you'd hit a node that someone just spawned beside, you'd take a couple hundred damage.

It should also not be canceled by firing a starting weapon and have a visual indicator.
                  That is a very good idea.

a public server with too many slots
                  "Too many" varies rather wildly in this case.

Comment

Originally Posted by Luseferous
                    That would put a serious cramp in tank spam. If you'd hit a node that someone just spawned beside, you'd take a couple hundred damage.
                    Thats why I added the [edit] Though you could take a proportion of the damage instead of full.

Originally Posted by Luseferous View Post
                    It should also not be canceled by firing a starting weapon and have a visual indicator.
                    That is a very good idea.
                    I read Willhaven's comments on spawn protection in this Thread since posting that and think that soloution is better.

Comment

Working...
                    X