Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sentinels in base when core is shielded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentinels in base when core is shielded?

exactly what the title says. i hated it in onslaught when someone would go into your base with a manta when they weren't even close to linking to your core and spawn kill everyone that went over to the weaponlocker. sure you could spawn at another node but the base usually had the best weapons and vehicles. To solve this, i think epic should put sentinels in the base like in assault that disappear when the base is unshielded. yeah, it doesn't make sense why they leave when needed the most, but it just another instance of gameplay over realism.

Yes, but there should be an option on the server side to turn off sentinels.

Comment

Being at the core the very moment the last node is up is essential to finishing the losing team off. If they're there even earlier, be happy about it and continue playing with one player more than your enemy.

Comment

I kind of hope that one of the things EPIC borrowed from XMP is bases that you can't drive into.

Not all, mind you, just some.

[EDIT]

How about a shielded Power Core can send out arcs of energy that will EMP enemy vehicles if they get too close?

Yes? No?

Whatever.

[/EDIT]

Comment

I like the idea of a sentinel appearing on some maps, that could also be disabled server-side.

I also love the idea that some bases do not allow vehicles in, though that's a mapping issue.

Comment

I'd like to see spawnkilling discouraged somehow. Sentinels, a forcefield, longer spawn protection times or even giving players some decent armament upon spawning (with limited ammo)... all good.

Comment

doesnt bother me tbh

Comment

Shouldn't it be possible to freeze base-killing vehicles with the secondary hammer?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                  I'd like to see spawnkilling discouraged somehow. Sentinels, a forcefield, longer spawn protection times or even giving players some decent armament upon spawning (with limited ammo)... all good.
                  How about putting the spawn points in an area enemies can't enter and putting a weapon locker in there as well?
                  It's all a matter of map design to be honest... I just think denying enemies access to the core whenever it's shielded isn't a good idea, and you really don't need to do that to discourage spawn killing.

Comment

What about some indestructible (not by gun) barrier?

It could be turned off only by someone passing through it and dying in sacrifice to able his team to attack the node. So, it would be necessary at least two men to attack the node: one for die and turn off the barrier and the other one to attack it.

Comment

there should be a base area where an enemy cant enter the base until it is linked. Theres no need to be in the enemy's base unless its linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                        How about putting the spawn points in an area enemies can't enter and putting a weapon locker in there as well?
                        It's all a matter of map design to be honest...
                        Agreed.

I just think denying enemies access to the core whenever it's shielded isn't a good idea,
                        Why? They're already denied the ability to damage the Power Core.... why would denying them access change anything other than their ability to spawn kill?

The only valid strategic reason would be their being there when their team takes the primary.

Besides... it'd be fun to watch the Power Core zap 'em!

Comment

I like this idea, and (depending on map design) there should be power shields that prevent entering your/enemy base when core cannot be destroyed, thus not allowing spawn camping.

Comment

A sentinel sounds good, or better yet, maybe have the core shield extend out to the player starts so campers can't fire on spawning players until they get a weapon.

Would be good if epic made spawn nodes where the players spawn, instead of spawning at the core/node all the time. This way, you could place 2 or 3 around the node/core lowering the possibility of a camper hanging out for a cheap kill.

My Idea of this would be, 3 - 6 player starts on each spawn node with a weapon locker in the middle and at least 3 placed close to the core/node but not close enough for campers to monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                              Why? They're already denied the ability to damage the Power Core.... why would denying them access change anything other than their ability to spawn kill?
                              Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                              The only valid strategic reason would be their being there when their team takes the primary.
                              Guuhhh?
                              I even mentioned it earlier in the thread:
                              Being at the core the very moment the last node is up is essential to finishing the losing team off. If they're there even earlier, be happy about it and continue playing with one player more than your enemy.
                              Maps just shouldn't be designed so you spawn directly at the core, because that basically means you spawn with your back against the wall... the wall the enemy is about to shoot down.

Comment

Working...
                              X