Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minimum Internet Connection Reqd for UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>Counter Strike also has built in anti-lag, up to 800ms I think.

Comment

I have 148 kb/s dsl and i have very good ping for ut2k4 (30-60 and plenty to choose from) but i also live in central US so that could be a factor... i don't know about ut3 though...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it.

Comment

I just hope it doesnt play like STALKER did. I bought it, went onto a server and it was literally a slide show. In fact a slide show would be quicker. Waste of money and havent played it since.

I would be REALLY gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulf Sternhammer View Post
            I just hope it doesnt play like STALKER did...
            i wouldn't be too concerned about that considering the game's online heritage and focus. i think stalker is largely an SP experience with MP tossed in. ut3, on the other hand, is MP oriented with SP tossed in to round it out. this is a game the developers know will gain press and word of mouth based on online experience, even if most players never venture online.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
              That's probably enough, if you don't care about custom maps. What country are you in. I'd be more concerned about finding good servers in your ping range.
              He could probably play on custom maps, but it might be easier to download and install them from sites like Nali City or Unreal Playground when he's not playing. I remember the days of playing UT1 on dialup. It was tough being a custom map lover, but I just downloaded most of what I wanted when I wasn't playing.

Comment

my reply faild :|

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                  ...I remember the days of playing UT1 on dialup. It was tough being a custom map lover, but I just downloaded most of what I wanted when I wasn't playing.
                  Or waited for the next months game mag to come out with a map pack on the coverdisk. I had a few of those.

Comment

Working...
                  X