Delay between using hoverboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay between using hoverboard.

Somewhere were mentioned, you can only re-enter vehicle after 10 second. What if 5-second delay for hoverboard so it wont be abused too much, especially inside buildings in vehicular gametypes.

how would you do this ''hoverboard abuse" you talk about?

Comment

Originally posted by Killalot0 View Post
      Perhaps he means using it?

Comment

I’m guessing you can’t use it inside. If it’s a no hoverboard zone.

Comment

If you are under fire, jumping on a hoverboard to get rag-dolled onto the floor won't be the smartest move.

Comment

actually a better question is do you have to be grounded to activate the hoverboard, for example can you engage the hoverboard mid air during a fall to no suffer fall damage

Comment

Originally posted by Killalot0 View Post
              How funny .... but on more serious note... Like In Tribes and Tribes 2 you "COULD NOT" get into a "ANY" vehicle with the flag. I think that is the best way to do it. IMHO!

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
                actually a better question is do you have to be grounded to activate the hoverboard, for example can you engage the hoverboard mid air during a fall to no suffer fall damage

Falling would cause damage while your on the hoverboard and any damage (just 1 health point) would cause you to fall off/take damage.

Comment

what about a shield point?

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
                    Hoverboard doesn't absorb fall damage.

Anyway, I'm more interested in this 10 second vehicle delay thing? Is it still in? Is it an EMP thing? Did anyone who played in Leipzig even mention this?

Comment

Hoverboards are ment for abusing.

Comment

Showing an animation for people getting on and off (or into and out of vehicles) should prevent any problems.

Comment

This all sounds very iffy to me.. 10 seconds no re enter vehicle, sounds silly.. What would be the reason for this??? I always expected an animation for getting on the hover board... A bit disappointed the there isn't.. I guess its magic.. you just instantly appear on it :S

Comment

I can jump out of my car, run to the mailbox, deposit a letter and be driving off way under 10 seconds, seat belt and all... so why some battle hardened veteran wouldn't be able to do the same is beyond me.

Comment

+1 for the "10 seconds before re-entry... NO thanks!"

Imagine if you are a lonely Goliath driver, a Raptor starts firing at you from above. What do you do? Jump out and fight on foot like in 2K4? Well, now if he is a decent player, he is going to steal your tank: you cannot re-enter anymore (before he reaches the tank).
                              Of course you can EMP him with the hammer thing... hmmm... then you are both around the tank... on opposite sides... then you can enter the tank... then he EMPs you before you can fire him... then you are still both on foot with the tank itself preventing an exchange of fire, being a big obstacle for both... then he enters, then you EMP him... in the end one of the opponents is expected to run around the vehicle and confront the other on foot... mmmhhhhh....

Comment

Working...
                              X