X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLUXX you nub! j/k...it's a guy thing :/

Comment

Originally posted by Skill View Post
      its its just getting packets, who cares who shot who first? wouldnt it only be off by like 40 milliseconds or something like that? correct me if I'm wrong.
      A 40 millisecond gap can make a BIG difference. When my ping is 80ms I play like garbage compared to when it's 40ms.

Also, I do care. If I really got my shot off first I want it to hit first. That's just... how it should be. I mean, it's not like someone would argue that the 2nd shooter SHOULD have his shot hit first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mental View Post
        FLUXX you nub! j/k...it's a guy thing :/
        haha mental help get epic to respond!

Comment

Originally posted by Skill View Post
          its its just getting packets, who cares who shot who first? wouldnt it only be off by like 40 milliseconds or something like that? correct me if I'm wrong.
          you act like 40ms is nothing, theres a pretty big difference between 0 ping and 40ms, 40ms and 80ms..until it gets to about 100ms then it all generally sucks the same amount. you probably started 2k4 when that utcomp came around and never knew what it felt like to game when ping actually mattered. so I hope this new "recoded" netcode will be nice.

*edit* well theres not THAT much of a difference between 0 and 40, but above that is noticeable.

Comment

As long as the many duds are fixed, I am happy. :-)

Comment

And those duds can only be fixed by replacing clientside prediction by server confirmation, which is impossible with newnet. (well, unless you implement a weird system where you don't have lag, but can see lag. In fact, IIRC some versions of Zeroping worked like that... very counterintuitive)

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                Wait, you actually remember what buttons you have to press to make the past happen exactly as they remember it?
                Better not screw this up, I kind of like our current present.
                I just killed my grandfather! Noooo..... (vanishes from the timeline)

Comment

Or you could have become your own grandfather :P

Comment

Unreal Tournament: Paradox

Fall 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                      Unreal Tournament: Paradox

Fall 2009
                      no it's coming out In Two Weeks

Comment

That would really be more of an Unreal Tournament: Miracle

Comment

come on epic

Comment

I could care less as long as its not like #$@#ing Newnet. I thought they kinda answered this in a video interview or something, saying its the same kind of netcode but optimized... bah, there really needs to be an archive of all UT3 videos :P

Comment

It basically goes like this:

1.) A lot of people who live in Europe get single digit pings to dozens of servers and don't need newnet.

2.) Most people who live anywhere else don't have any local servers or access to low latency servers and pretty much need newnet for the game to be anything but a laggy spamfest.

3.) People who bring up points one and two will usually get flamed to death by Europeans suffering from tunnel vision.

Comment

Working...
                              X