Interesting Fury Mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Fury Mechanic

Well i was thinking when i saw that 7 minute long video and thought that it would be really cool if you could use the boost function to grab on to other vehicles and destroy them like that with the tentacles. It really adds more depth to aerial combat....

what do you guys think?

yeah i agree with that it would give the fury a special ability - an advantage against other air vehicles, but i didnt see that much of difference between its primary and seconday firing modes

Comment

I didn't even notice the difference between its firing modes...

Comment

oh well, what can you do

Comment

Yea i also thought that it would be great if the fury could camp its tentacles into vehicles it caught up with (maby just fast ones for balence reasons) and rip the driver out or something like that. They seem a bit wasted just spinning around like that with two fire modes that looked the same. Would also be nice if the tentacles movement was a bit more organic and random, nothing that would effect where you were aiming but just have them move in less of a patterned rotation.

Comment

Wasn't the Fury's altfire a speed boost?

Comment

It did something in the 7 min. clip... not that I could tell... but Mark asked the player (I forget the name, sorry) to use the alt-fire, and it wasn't a boost... at least as far as I could see.

[shot]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8586/kopievoncimg2341ep4si4.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by Shooks` View Post
                Well i was thinking when i saw that 7 minute long video and thought that it would be really cool if you could use the boost function to grab on to other vehicles and destroy them like that with the tentacles. It really adds more depth to aerial combat....

what do you guys think?
                Interesting idea, but would you imagine the enemy aerial vehicle to have the ability of escaping the tentacles grasp somehow? Or just certain doom?

On the subject of "depth in aerial combat", I pray there is more to it instead of constant circles firing missles at each other. Though I do have faith, that this "minor flaw" is being solved by knowledge gained from UT3's predecessor.

Comment

Alt fire is the boost. Read the second bullet point here.http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=188956

Comment

Originally posted by Shooks` View Post

what do you guys think?
                    Matrix anyone??

it could prove fun if implemented right

Comment

Working...
                    X