Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onslaught vs. Assault - Is WarFare what you hoped for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, warfare looks like an onslaught modification, nodes and cores just make me think of onslaught. But i'll wait to see what it's like before judging it.

UejYi
    The orb looks like it can only be used once to take a node, so a good player will need to head back to the orb spawn point to get another, and I'm sure epic has a good long respawn delay on the orb. I was hoping it was the only thing that could heal a node as well, instead of the link gun.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
      ... and I'm sure epic has a good long respawn delay on the orb.
      I don't believe there is a delay at all, let alone a long one.

I was hoping it was the only thing that could heal a node as well, instead of the link gun.
      The Orb does heal friendly nodes. Not allowing the Link Gun to heal nodes would be... difficult, especially if there was a respawn delay on the Orb.

Comment

i have mixed feelings.... its a mixture of assault and onslaught put together... i think the gametype is a pretty neat idea, and ANYTHING that makes more game types for unreal is just sweet!! but i was never into the whole onslaught stuff, i played just a fraction of my UT time playing with the vechials (spelling) and felt more like a battlefield remake for the UT universe.. but like i said i have such mixed feelings, coz the new vechials look really good.. specially the ball running thing with claws running out, more fun, need more fun stuff like that... i think i would have liked the option to play just assault, or just onslaught aswell as mixing them together in warfare mode... or perhaps having a mutator to remove the vechials or something. I have 100% absolute faith in the amazing UT community to create new game types like CTF4 and perhaps an assault mode, But as i said, i hav mixed feelings, any game type is good... the more there is the better!!!

Comment

I was hoping [the orb] was the only thing that could heal a node as well, instead of the link gun.
          Nodes would be shot down faster than they could be built. No team would ever reach the other's core. Try an Onslaught game with Shock Arena or something.

Comment

Fyi

Originally posted by willhaven
            Beyond Unreal
            Originally posted by Kantham
            Yeah, their way of calling it "a mix of Assault and ONS" are the facts that you can have optional points to capture, and a ORB that everyone knows about now.
            There's a bit more to it than that. Many of the maps have very specific events controlled by some nodes. Torlan isn't the best map to show those things off since it's pretty basic in that regard. Torlan is great to show how far the tech and the look of the game has progressed since it's a familiar level to fans of the series.
            Just something you might be interested in.

Comment

Working...
            X