Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT99 v. 2K movement, why not build off it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Why complicate things? Dodge jumping, wall jumping and all that crazy stuff just took away from the actual gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheCrusader View Post
    Removing the extra moves is utterly moronic and panders to lower skilled players.
    They remove one move and suddenly the UT series is no good for "pros"? Smart call Sherlock.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just wait until all the newbie gamers buying Nintendo Wii's move on from them and start arguing for even lamer changes for UT4.
    Keep UT2004's flopped movement system and have a dead community in a couple months from now? Or go back to what everyone loves and possibly have a stronger thriving community possibly years after the game is out? Which one would be for the better?
    Movement system is what made all maps so over scaled, which in turn, caused other problems as well.
    BTW, I'm quite sure you were at the skill level you are now when you first installed UT on your computer.
    You can always stay with UT2004.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've yet to be convinced that the changes are lame.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just wait until all the newbie gamers buying Nintendo Wii's move on from them and start arguing for even lamer changes for UT4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Removing the extra moves is utterly moronic and panders to lower skilled players.
    Oh no! Tyranny of the majority!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
    Sometimes less is more.
    And sometimes less is better...much better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TensorWM View Post
    LOL?
    It's true: http://gamersmafia.com/entrevistas/show/176

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raynor View Post
    To activate AntiGrav Boots
    LOL?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    on the video on 1:00 - 1:02 how many jumps does that guy do? I think i counted 4?

[EDIT] http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=576229 [/EDIT]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    But let's leave that out of Unreal titles.
    Exactly. Give it psychedelic color pallettes and call it 'Surreal'.

Hmmmmmmm ... *rubs goatee*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    You know, I wouldn't mind a different Epic title that had all those extra moves, and boosting, maybe some turbo mode, and whatever other "evolutionary" changes can be had. Make it more Sonic the Hedgehog and just build a crazy title. Give more weapons insane knockback or other quirky features. But let's leave that out of Unreal titles.
    That title will be called Envy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know, I wouldn't mind a different Epic title that had all those extra moves, and boosting, maybe some turbo mode, and whatever other "evolutionary" changes can be had. Make it more Sonic the Hedgehog and just build a crazy title. Give more weapons insane knockback or other quirky features. But let's leave that out of Unreal titles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by da ghost View Post
    unfortunately, there's a lot of people in this community that only likes it if there's no choice.
    If you call one move that was removed to allow for improved map-scaling "limited" movement, then yeah, I'm all for it.

namely, the UT99 nostalgics.
    Um, no. It's more like people who would rather play a more grounded game. It doesn't mean that you only run around the map without dodging or jumping, but the floaty moves of UT2 did little to keep players coming back for more. Sure, there was a faithful niche community, but last I checked, niche communities do not provide enough of a consumer base to entice game companies to develop games just for them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X