Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT99 v. 2K movement, why not build off it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TensorWM View Post
    LOL?
    It's true: http://gamersmafia.com/entrevistas/show/176

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
      Sometimes less is more.
      And sometimes less is better...much better

Comment

Removing the extra moves is utterly moronic and panders to lower skilled players.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCrusader View Post
          Removing the extra moves is utterly moronic and panders to lower skilled players.
          Oh no! Tyranny of the majority!

Comment

Just wait until all the newbie gamers buying Nintendo Wii's move on from them and start arguing for even lamer changes for UT4.

Comment

I've yet to be convinced that the changes are lame.

Comment

Just wait until all the newbie gamers buying Nintendo Wii's move on from them and start arguing for even lamer changes for UT4.
                Keep UT2004's flopped movement system and have a dead community in a couple months from now? Or go back to what everyone loves and possibly have a stronger thriving community possibly years after the game is out? Which one would be for the better?
                Movement system is what made all maps so over scaled, which in turn, caused other problems as well.
                BTW, I'm quite sure you were at the skill level you are now when you first installed UT on your computer.
                You can always stay with UT2004.

Comment

They remove one move and suddenly the UT series is no good for "pros"? Smart call Sherlock.

Comment

Why complicate things? Dodge jumping, wall jumping and all that crazy stuff just took away from the actual gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                      They remove one move and suddenly the UT series is no good for "pros"? Smart call Sherlock.
                      What that guy doesn't realize is that the UT-99 pros rejected UT-2003 and 2004 in part for its movement. They either tried the UT 2003 demo or bought the game and then quickly uninstalled it. They continue to play in UT-99 tournaments like MLUT (Major League Unreal Tournament) to this day. Visit http://www.prounreal.com and see what they have to say about UT-2004. Consequently, they aren't real enthusiastic for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                        What that guy doesn't realize is that the UT-99 pros rejected UT-2003 and 2004 in part for its movement. They either tried the UT 2003 demo or bought the game and then quickly uninstalled it. They continue to play in UT-99 tournaments like MLUT (Major League Unreal Tournament) to this day. Visit http://www.prounreal.com and see what they have to say about UT-2004. Consequently, they aren't real enthusiastic for UT3.
                        I hear ya. I visit ProU quite often but never post. Some of those guys can get quite nasty at times, particularly in regards to UT2. And yeah, I noticed their frontpage comments about UT3.

Comment

In my experience with UT2kx, most battles ended up the same every time (who could press the jump key faster and spam the rocket launcher quicker). It took the fun out of it. I believe more people still play UT99, which is funny. If they could just give us UT99 with better graphics, we'd all be happy, but it'll be a cold day at the earth's core before that will take place.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainZap View Post
                            In my experience with UT2kx, most battles ended up the same every time (who could press the jump key faster and spam the rocket launcher quicker). It took the fun out of it. I believe more people still play UT99, which is funny. If they could just give us UT99 with better graphics, we'd all be happy, but it'll be a cold day at the earth's core before that will take place.
                            Wow... You must have had VERY limited experience.

The biggest problem with UT2k* is that it is too hitscan oriented. The shock/LG tend to be overpowered, and good player could get buy without even touching the other weapons.

Bunny-hoppers (and even dodge-jumpers) are instantly picked apart in the air, to the point where better players ONLY strafe and dodge in a fight.

Also, I think you are completely wrong about everyone wanting UT99 with better graphics. Many people complained that the UTR beta wasn't "UT enough", and that WAS UT99 with better graphics. Other games that have tried this (Quake 4, CSS, etc...), have seen far less success than their predessors, simply because they offered NOTHING more than the same game with a slower framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerNut View Post
                              Bunny-hoppers (and even dodge-jumpers) are instantly picked apart in the air, to the point where better players ONLY strafe and dodge in a fight.
                              Suuuuuurrre.... If Fatal1ty's playing I suppose...

Originally posted by BeerNut View Post
                              Many people complained that the UTR beta wasn't "UT enough", and that WAS UT99 with better graphics.
                              Just because you capitalized "WAS", doesn't make it true.

Comment

I felt the movement in UT99 was very limited, and the movement in UT2kx a little exaggerated, so to develop on that movement system further, would be ridiculous in my opinion. I'm glad a hybrid movement system is being used, it will favour both of the UT generations, as well as taking the micro machines feel we have in UT2kx.

Comment

Working...
                                X