agiea physics enabled custom content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    how many people exactly do you know that have such a card ? Oo no way im going to buy that, and anyway, it can't have a gameplay-changing effect that would give you an dis/advantage above 'normal' players, so i suppose it will just give you some nice additional graphical effects and thats it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Making custom content that requires a PhysX card to run would be like shooting yourself in the foot. It would be suicidal for the creator and would reduce it's popularity. From the imperession that I have of this community not many people have the card.

I wouldn't do it. Heck I wont even most likely get the card anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
    So will everybody still see the same thing and be able to play the map regardless of if they have the card?
    I think everyone should see the same thing, if everyone is at maximum details, but framerates will be different.
    (maybe modders can put some particles as "appear only if framerate greater than 50" so it isn't too much of a ressource hog)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
    p.s. Who really cares about physics anyway, how many people do you know that saw the matrix said "zOMG check out those MAD PHYSIXXX!"
    PhysX seems like a bit of a ploy to me - you might as well put the $200 towards a quad-core CPU. From what I've heard the extra cores would accelerate the physics thread and other helper threads in UE3, plus you wouldn't be lumped with a piece of hardware that only works with a handful of games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by toniglandyl View Post
    the physX map we saw was a mod ! not in the retail game !
    UT3 supports the card, and I believe that if you have the card, all the physics will be handled by the card (thus increasing framerates a bit)
    you can do a map with LOTS of physic-related things, and it will be "normal". the only thing is that those having the physx card will use their card, while those who don't use the CPU.
    So will everybody still see the same thing and be able to play the map regardless of if they have the card?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the physX map we saw was a mod ! not in the retail game !
    UT3 supports the card, and I believe that if you have the card, all the physics will be handled by the card (thus increasing framerates a bit)
    you can do a map with LOTS of physic-related things, and it will be "normal". the only thing is that those having the physx card will use their card, while those who don't use the CPU.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic agiea physics enabled custom content?

agiea physics enabled custom content?

I heard that mappers wil be able to make content that excludes those who do not have an Agia card. Is this true?

Please just include the option for software physics in UT so everyone can play, We have massive dual core processors now that can render physics, so why make us buy this stupid card that we don't need or want?

If you can't include software physics cos Agia wont let you then just turn off physics all together, either way us consumers are not going to fall for this marketing ploy when our CPU's are more than capable of rendering physics. If we wanted Pixar quality physics then we'd watch a DVD.

Thankyou.

p.s. Who really cares about physics anyway, how many people do you know that saw the matrix said "zOMG check out those MAD PHYSIXXX!"
Working...
X