Necris/Krall.... paired? What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Necris/Krall.... paired? What?

Ok, Necris is my favorite people of all. i have said that many times. They stared [for me ] in UT99.... and kinda made an appearence in 2K4, but not really. In both accounts they were solo....

and suddenly the necris have new lackeys... the krall.

from the OFFICIAL trailer it says [ in a very loose interpretation ]

"then the necris armies attacked...."

and the video shows NOT ONE necris player. They are all krall. when did this pairing take place? is there any media on it.? i would love to know.

thanks

The Krall are a mercenary/slave race hired/enslaved by the Necris. They are the cannon fodder of the Necris infantry.

I assume we'll learn more about the backstory in the single player game.

Comment

hmmm.... so then did the corrupt just hire Thunder Crash to even the odds?

jk. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL INFO TO BACK UP THIS STATEMENT

Comment

I was nailed the first time I heard about it as well. I just assume that the U1 and the UT3 Krall are two seperate races that happen to share the same name.

UT3 seems to have alot of revelations in store for the Unreal universe.

Comment

Originally posted by StalwartUK View Post
          I was nailed the first time I heard about it as well. I just assume that the U1 and the UT3 Krall are two seperate races that happen to share the same name.

I certainly hope so... EPIC.. don't trash the story by making the necris and krall connected by anything besides $$ please.!

Comment

Plot twist: Necris/Krall crossbreeding! You heard it here first!

Comment

doesnt make any difference to me if they are teamed or not, there all gunna get killed anyway even by there own teammates sometimes if there put on opposite sides in TDM

Comment

Originally posted by StalwartUK View Post
                I just assume that the U1 and the UT3 Krall are two seperate races that happen to share the same name.
                Ah, you don't have to assume that. Mort has it right:

"The Krall are a mercenary/slave race hired/enslaved by the Necris. They are the cannon fodder of the Necris infantry."

The Krall are just tools used by different alien races like the Skarrj and the Necris. I do think we need to know more about the Necris, though, considering how Nanoblack figures into things. For example if humans like Lauren or Brock become Necris somehow, perhaps through Nanoblack, why couldn't Nali, Krall or Skaarj do the same? Or Juggernauts, Gen Mo' Kai or Izarians.

This Nanoblack threat could be bigger than we thought.

Comment

I'm sure these Krall are the same as the krall from unreal, but obviously they can do alot more with their look now the polycount is not like 10. I've just played and completed unreal for the first time, and it seemed to me the krall are not quite dumb enough to be enslaved by the skaarj - im pretty sure they are paid and have a rank structure in their groups. They write in books you find in unreal about how the 'general' was being a ***** to the other men, or how lousy the skaarj treat them and how they cant wait to get back to their home planet. I have no idea what they've done with the skaarj in this iteration but i dont think the necris are anymore powerful than them, so i rekon the krall are employed again - and probably treated better than under the skaarj.

Obviously dumber beasts like the huge rock throwing things...behemoths or whatever they are were enslaved - just told to guard something and given food or whatever.

Comment

i remember reading somewhere that the krall are slaves of the Skaarj

Comment

Originally posted by ikarus View Post
                      i remember reading somewhere that the krall are slaves of the Skaarj
                      Yep, and the Krall weren't too happy about it either.

Maybe this nanoblack stuff explains the numerous differences between the Krall variants. In Unreal Krall didn't jump over 10 metres a time nor were they green...

Comment

ok, here is another thing.

can someone give me a link explaining this nanoblack thing? How did that get started.?

Comment

Nanoblack comes from Gears of War

Comment

Hey, those Necris aren't dumb. If you were going to go invading someone, wouldn't you want a pack of Krall mercenaries leading the way?

Sort of like the US's Blackwater Corporation, Unreal style. Political satire?

Comment

ok ok, point made

I would like to have herds and herds of mere animals leading the charge, your right.

Comment

Working...
                              X