Adrenaline and Relic like Powerups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrenaline and Relic like Powerups

There is no option for none of the above, as the poll only allows ten options. Sorry.

As it seems that two adrenaline combos (Berserk and Invisibility) have returned to the UT3 in the form of pickups (I realize that Invisibility was originally a pickup), I was wondering what else people thought would or would not work.

I have no idea how some of them would work, but people here seem to be very creative.

If you're interested, the links to the vids with the pickups are in this thread.

relics only :
    strength, vengence, speed.

Comment

I'm just trying to remember what all the relics did... there is some overlap between adrenaline combos and relics.

Comment

Didn't see 'None' on the list.

Comment

None of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Roulette View Post
            Didn't see 'None' on the list.
            I was going to add it, but I ran out of room, as the poll only allows ten options.

You don't like Invis and Berserk? They're both very Unreal! Berserk is like the UDamage, sort of.

To each their own I guess.

Comment

definitely none of the above

those are all pub elements which will be added in some mod later on... i want the game to be competitive not MMORPGFPS

Comment

Better to have it the other way around, in my opinion. Let the public play for fun.

Let the competitive types add their so-called competitive elements later on... they'll make their changes anyway, and call it fixing the game.

Comment

You didn't put in an option for NONE.

Berzerk was always a pickup in previous versions of UT just like invis... But it's called the damage amp, or AMP in UT99 and U1. Now that it increases the RoF as well as the damage (I'm assuming it increases damage) we may have to think of a new name for it... Berzerk is no good though.

How about calling it the "ROM" - Rate Of fire frequency Modulator (bad I know)

Comment

Invisibility only. Sparsely used, short duration, long respawn time.

Comment

invisibility is unrealish but i reckon the relic of vengeance was just sweet. But this time with the explosion it should have the same power as the redeemer if not more.

Comment

YES relics
                        NO adrenaline

Comment

Invisibility would be the only thing I want to see. It's been in every single Unreal game for the PC.

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
                          Berzerk was always a pickup in previous versions of UT just like invis... But it's called the damage amp, or AMP in UT99 and U1.
                          Wrong! Damage Amp was indeed in all UT games, but Berserk is not! The Damage Amp is a pickup in all UT games, while Berserk was introduced into UT2003.
                          The damage Amp does just as it says. It amplifies the damage you cause to double the amount.. The Berserk adrenaline combo is totally different, while I guess still achieving the same thing? It doesn't amplify damage at all, just makes you shoot faster. If you actually hit all the shots, I guess you can still say it causes twice the damage.. However you want to look at it, it still doesn't make 1 shot from a hitscan, or projectile weapon cause twice its normal damage.

Comment

The AMP and INVI like in UT99 sounds fine cause they was used in TDMPRO and CTF settings i think.

The Rest like Adrenalin....NOT AGAIN! so its a HELL NO! to that

Comment

I voted for all of them, though some of them would be similar, for example the speed and regen pickups. I like the idea for pickups for:
                              Invisibility
                              Damage (Double Damage or Damage Amp)
                              Recharge/Rate of Fire (Beserk)
                              Speed
                              Regen (Booster)
                              Ressurection (Redemption)
                              Kamikaze (Vengeance)

And naturally pickups like armor would help for defense, and health vials/superhealth for heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X