Third person view on hoverboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've worked on some pretty big vehicles. It quickly becomes impossible to keep the whole vehicle on-screen and get a clear view of your target. Without zooming out into orbit, that is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xaelith View Post
    Why all the "this is better than that" comments? Isn't it all personal preferences, anyway?
    That goes for 90% of the stuff that gets argued about on these forums, thus my sig.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why all the "this is better than that" comments? Isn't it all personal preferences, anyway?

I've never used the first-person view of the vehicles much, anyway...so no first-person view on ut3 vehicles doesn't bother me none. What does bother me though, is i've read that there's no zoom Zooming out all the way while in a flying vehicle is very helpful. Then again, this was on a demo, and not on the full version, which could change drastically in that respect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    Targeting can be rather difficult in third person, especially in the case of big flying vehicles.
    I think that in the case of UT3, forcing you to use third person view in vehicles may be a deliberate choice with that in mind?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Targeting can be rather difficult in third person, especially in the case of big flying vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think first person vehicles is a poor idea personally.... 3rd person is leaps and bounds better for spacial awareness and movement.... I dont think the statement about UT being first person but with 3rd person vehicles really gives the kind of quick witted argument you were hoping for,... as everyone who played UT 2004 alot will know that in at least 80% of cases the 3rd person is MUCH better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bet you can probably force first-person view, however. That was by default bound to F4 I think in UT2, though I've always just bound it to Z and/or X keys myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    Manta and Raptor are much more effective in 1st person.
    No, it depends on the situation. Sometimes 3rd is better sometimes 1st is better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Manta is and isn't. 1st persn to shoot, 3rd to splat, and a quick keybind to switch views.

Same with cicada -1st to shoot, 3rd to manouver. Shooting with a hulking big cicada in 3rd person is a right pain

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TensorWM View Post
    you can go to 1st person in UT2004 but with the ****-pit room on. gets annoying, so i have to agree, vehicles @ 3rd person in FPS are alot better.
    Manta and Raptor are much more effective in 1st person.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you can go to 1st person in UT2004 but with the ****-pit room on. gets annoying, so i have to agree, vehicles @ 3rd person in FPS are alot better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Most the vehicles go to 3rd in allot of fps, its not uncommon. It gives better spacial awareness.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by icecone View Post
    I've just realised that in the comic-con trailer
    This is an FPS, why third person view?
    You don't have weapons while on the board anyway, so this way you can amuse yourself with trick jumps and stuff.

All vehicles are third-person only in UT3 it seems... at least as far as we know.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Third person view on hoverboard?

Third person view on hoverboard?

I've just realised that in the comic-con trailer
    This is an FPS, why third person view?
Working...
X