Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    More push made Quake 3's rocket launcher more effective.
    Did it?
    Well, if it did I suppose it's mostly because in Q3 you can do airrockets fairly easily, or at least much more easily than in UT.

Originally posted by Sterling View Post
    Rockets don't explode?
    I think they're referring to the rocket dud bug. (or, in this case, the anti-dud bug, which is the exact opposite of the rocket dud bug, but has the same cause)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rockets don't explode?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by semperphy View Post
    meet u at the server 2k4 noobies
    Yep, I will be the one wall dodging over your head raining death upon you. ;D

The ground is for dead people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have now spoken to Alex, who played UT3 at the leipzig games convention, and he said rockets do lift people off the ground, and the overall feel is more like UT99, so it seems epic knows what theyre doing this time;p thank you very much, meet u at the server 2k4 noobies

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by semperphy View Post
    -Rockets and flak secondary should lift people off the ground. Close range primary should anihilate the other guy completely. So should direct rockets and flakball to the face.
    This is the only comment that made sence to me.

In UT99 the Flak shell (which does 80 a hit) does kill on impact, but only because the 6 shards that come out after it hits the player. The U2K4 shards fly off without hitting the player.

The rockets in UT99 kill on impact (100% health), why I don't know since it only does 90 a hit. Ut2k4 rockets suck because the engine is lame at radius damage, and there is no body hit damage.

Personally, I won't compare the games, simply because the game isn't out yet. We can only trust EPic when they said they have brought back some UT99 gameplay.

Some of the new stuff i am going to HATE is:

> Hoverboard - Modding that out right away
    > Slow Volume - WTF? LAME!
    > Avril - Still turns on a pin head.
    > Link effect - Eew, white!
    > Bots - if they still target human, instead of the bot taking the flag.
    > Bots - if they pick the only human out of several players.
    > Bots - if they can dodge everything i shoot at them, even from behind.
    > Bots - if I can't give them a custom sound pack and skin.
    > Bots - if they still dodge a speeding vehicle.
    > Bots - if they still cheat to win.
    > Bots - Well, I think you can see I hate bots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    didn't meen to hurt people's feelings
    But you did it - by all your peremptory statements and bad form... In UT3 you will get almost all you want, so it's rather UT2004 fans who should whine about degradation of the game to UT99 state.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intentsly View Post
    Its just another failed attempt at humor. Backhandingly slamming 2k4 and those that like to play it, its typical of some fanatical UT99'ers. ::cough::

Intentsly
    tbh its not, its my serious opinion:E didn't meen to hurt people's feelings, but this is what I think of the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Miko View Post
    You think the Flak cannon is slow? The Flak cannon like someone else said is not meant for long range whatsoever. You should go back in time and see the really slow original Flak Cannon that had the fire rate of the lightning gun. Sure it was nice and strong at close range but the time between shots was made you go " LOAD THE SHELL FASTER BEFORE I GET SHOT". You should be happy with what you get.
    lol yea i can relate to that - just started playing the original 'unreal' and now im understanding the series so much more! What nali are, where all the weapons came from etc. Its cool to see how all the weapons have evolved from way back - and yes the flak cannon was very slow then but very powerful! Hopefully its not as slow in ut3 but still nice and powerful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Failed attempt..

Its just another failed attempt at humor. Backhandingly slamming 2k4 and those that like to play it, its typical of some fanatical UT99'ers. ::cough::

Intentsly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    Does anyone else have a clue as to what this guy is talking about?
    I do!! It's from what Bersy posted...

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
    Can I use some of your ideas here: http://www.ut2341.com/UT2007_Complaints/
    And Bersy, if you don't put that post in the generator then why bother have it at all?

Seriously, how did that url slip by me, it's gold. How long has it been up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    Everybody wants the game to be good, the problem is coming to some sort of consensus as to what good is.
    quote for the ****ing truth!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shooks` View Post
    Hi! lolz I saw this guy with an [EPIC] tag on a server and owned him the other day. was that you? NEway, U need to add some stuff to Envy! I saw in an interview about the hoverboard so I had to write to you and tell you WTF! Furthermore, if you don't make the models less visible pr0s like me will boycott the game. BTW the size of the 3rd person shock sucks!
    Does anyone else have a clue as to what this guy is talking about?

Furthermore, if you don't make the models less visible pr0s like me will boycott the game.
    Is that because the "pr0s" are afraid of being made into laughingstocks for wanting to use glowskins in UT3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I went back to UT99 after like 1 month of 2k4....
    I guess that explains most of the comments on weaponry in your first post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    In other words: more push from the rocketlauncher would actually make it a less effective weapon, and that wouldn't make me happy.
    More push made Quake 3's rocket launcher more effective.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What..? The body do explode. A rocket passing by but hitting is a lag. How does it look stupid? You can't just make them blow in parts when they still have health left. Non sense for a game like that.

The rocket doesnt' explode.

Its not a long range device. Its a med-short range weapon. Its an amazing weapon already. Why not make the attack so fast you can't dodge it at all no matter what? I don't want overpowered weapons.

Why not make it possible to hit people from far away like in ut99?

Rockets do look weird but bullets are not that big. They do lift people of the ground, but they don't make them fly, because its boring to be sent flying everytime a rocket blow near you, and it would be overpowered. And when it does kill them, they almost always blow up, and I like that effect. Don't blay with gore turned off.

They dont blow up, the loose some limbs and catch fire. 3 rockets to the feet should atleasy lift u high enough to send the next rocket to ur face midair.

Completely disagree. It needs skills, but no it shouldn't be like that. Combo are alright, I only hate standing combos, which could be made better if the rate of fire is slower. It should push people more? What the hell? It should BARELY push them, its just ridiculous, too much power in that weapon already.

I dont know about you, but in my first ffa of ut2k4 i could hit 3,4 and 5 shocks in a row. in ut99 you need skills to hit 5 shocks in a row, and its rarely seen. if the shock pushes them a bit, its harder to hit!!! if they just get a scoop, like in ut2k4, its too easy imo.

They do look weird. But that doesn't mean they have freaks in their staff. Need for that kind of comment when you are whining just show everyone your maturity.

And this comment just shows u have no sense of humor whatsoever.

No. HS shouldn't be easy, it wasn't skill to head shot people in UT more than it was to hit them in the first place. BAD idea.

Well, in 2k4 its 50% luck. rather have it a bit easy to hit, than just random hitting headshots.

Rockets and flak secondary should lift people off the ground. Close range primary should anihilate the other guy completely. So should direct rockets and flakball to the face.

Geeze... I won't comment on that.

Why not? ut2k4 has shock juggling wich makes no sense at all! rocketjuggling on the other hand, makes SENSE.

If thats all you like, might as well go get another game.
    I went back to UT99 after like 1 month of 2k4....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X