ut3 vs ut2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 vs ut2k4

This is the things I really hate about 2k4, and I pray to Epic, this will be changed in UT3. Pray with me!

-Bodies\Gore: Bodies in UT2k4 NEVER explode. I watched the fragvid UnrealNorth just now, and u can see a air direct hit rocket in there, where the guy has belt, and the rocket just kinda passes by him, taking his health, but no explosion:E
    That and a lot of other goodies get totally ruined by the fact that it just looks stupid when u hit someone with the rl in 2k4! AND WHEN U HIT A GUY WITH A LOADED BIO, HE KINDA JUST GETS HURT? He is supposed to turn into GOO!

-Flakcannon: The flak is SO ****ING SLOW!! The UT3 flak doesnt look much better either. Make the flak secondary faster!! it just frustrating having a long range device for the flak, that comes out in SLOMO. Why u wanna make flak useless??

-RocketLauncher: Dont know where to start really. The rockets look like bullets, they dont explode, and they cant lift people off the ground! You shoot a rocket to a guy's foot, and he gets as tossed as if he got pushed by a child. HELO? It's a GOD **** ROCKET! It should send him flying, or BASH HIM INTO NOTHING.

-LinkGun: The BEAM is INSANE. Why is it curving like a snake? and it sucks to shoot people with it, doesnt feel powerful at all. the ut3 pulse looks great tho, really excited about taht 1.

-Shockrifle: You dont even need to be skilled to hit 5 shots in a row with that freaking thing. I did it the first time I ever played the game, and it sucked! Combos are slow, VERY EASY and it looks like its bubbles in the explosion wtf? FIX! Make the primary really PUSH people, and decrease the rate of fire!

-Skins: The skins.. omga. The bodies are HUGE, with a little bitty tiny head. A HEAD is bigger than 1% of the body EPIC, dno what kinda freaks u have in ur staff, but atleast mine looks bigger than that in the mirror.

-Movement: I cant tell you enough how glad I am that the ****ING doubledodge is gone, made the maps WEIRD, and made players predictable and FLOATY like its low grav and people can fly. Wich afaik they cant. Not even in 2399 or whatevar the year is.

-Maps: I didslike every single map in 2k4, even the remakes of good UT maps STINK.

-The rate of fire for the sniper should be slower than UT99, but HS almost as easy. Something in between ut99 and 2k4 would do.

-Rockets and flak secondary should lift people off the ground. Close range primary should anihilate the other guy completely. So should direct rockets and flakball to the face.

-Afaik the bio secondary hit kinda glues onto the opponent, wich is cool, if the guy explodes when it bursts. Imagine an in air hit, where the guy gets hit on his way up, then explode 0.5 seconds later still in air. nice=)

-I hope boots is back! (anyone know?)

-The announcer from the trailer is awesome, use that guy

Thank you for ur tiem.

Originally posted by semperphy View Post

Agree, rest of your post is a joke i hope.

Comment

Thats Donlafontine, he does most of the voice overlays for movie trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by sure View Post
        Agree, rest of your post is a joke i hope.
        I absolutly mean everything in that post 100%.

Comment

Can I use some of your ideas here: http://www.ut2341.com/UT2007_Complaints/

But seriously, Epic have done a pretty good job of taking into account what failed and succeeded in each game before it, from what I've seen. It won't be a perfect game, but it'll probably be the best game of the series so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
            Can I use some of your ideas here: http://www.ut2341.com/UT2007_Complaints/

But seriously, Epic have done a pretty good job of taking into account what failed and succeeded in each game before it, from what I've seen. It won't be a perfect game, but it'll probably be the best game of the series so far...
            Use whatever you like, I just want this game to be as good as it has potential to be.

Comment

Everybody wants the game to be good, the problem is coming to some sort of consensus as to what good is.

Comment

My answers in bold in the quote

This is the things I really hate about 2k4, and I pray to Epic, this will be changed in UT3. Pray with me!

-Bodies\Gore: Bodies in UT2k4 NEVER explode. I watched the fragvid UnrealNorth just now, and u can see a air direct hit rocket in there, where the guy has belt, and the rocket just kinda passes by him, taking his health, but no explosion:E
                That and a lot of other goodies get totally ruined by the fact that it just looks stupid when u hit someone with the rl in 2k4! AND WHEN U HIT A GUY WITH A LOADED BIO, HE KINDA JUST GETS HURT? He is supposed to turn into GOO!

What..? The body do explode. A rocket passing by but hitting is a lag. How does it look stupid? You can't just make them blow in parts when they still have health left. Non sense for a game like that.

-Flakcannon: The flak is SO ****ING SLOW!! The UT3 flak doesnt look much better either. Make the flak secondary faster!! it just frustrating having a long range device for the flak, that comes out in SLOMO. Why u wanna make flak useless??

Its not a long range device. Its a med-short range weapon. Its an amazing weapon already. Why not make the attack so fast you can't dodge it at all no matter what? I don't want overpowered weapons.

-RocketLauncher: Dont know where to start really. The rockets look like bullets, they dont explode, and they cant lift people off the ground! You shoot a rocket to a guy's foot, and he gets as tossed as if he got pushed by a child. HELO? It's a GOD **** ROCKET! It should send him flying, or BASH HIM INTO NOTHING.

Rockets do look weird but bullets are not that big. They do lift people of the ground, but they don't make them fly, because its boring to be sent flying everytime a rocket blow near you, and it would be overpowered. And when it does kill them, they almost always blow up, and I like that effect. Don't blay with gore turned off.

-LinkGun: The BEAM is INSANE. Why is it curving like a snake? and it sucks to shoot people with it, doesnt feel powerful at all. the ut3 pulse looks great tho, really excited about taht 1.

Because its an unstable energy beam. Why are you whining if its alright in UT3?

-Shockrifle: You dont even need to be skilled to hit 5 shots in a row with that freaking thing. I did it the first time I ever played the game, and it sucked! Combos are slow, VERY EASY and it looks like its bubbles in the explosion wtf? FIX! Make the primary really PUSH people, and decrease the rate of fire!

Completely disagree. It needs skills, but no it shouldn't be like that. Combo are alright, I only hate standing combos, which could be made better if the rate of fire is slower. It should push people more? What the hell? It should BARELY push them, its just ridiculous, too much power in that weapon already.

-Skins: The skins.. omga. The bodies are HUGE, with a little bitty tiny head. A HEAD is bigger than 1% of the body EPIC, dno what kinda freaks u have in ur staff, but atleast mine looks bigger than that in the mirror

They do look weird. But that doesn't mean they have freaks in their staff. Need for that kind of comment when you are whining just show everyone your maturity.

-Movement: I cant tell you enough how glad I am that the ****ING doubledodge is gone, made the maps WEIRD, and made players predictable and FLOATY like its low grav and people can fly. Wich afaik they cant. Not even in 2399 or whatevar the year is.

Again, don't whine about something that is already fixed. Thats whining for whining.

-Maps: I didslike every single map in 2k4, even the remakes of good UT maps STINK.

Personal preference, though I do think only a few of them are really worth it. Quality > quantity.

-The rate of fire for the sniper should be slower than UT99, but HS almost as easy. Something in between ut99 and 2k4 would do.

No. HS shouldn't be easy, it wasn't skill to head shot people in UT more than it was to hit them in the first place. BAD idea.

-Rockets and flak secondary should lift people off the ground. Close range primary should anihilate the other guy completely. So should direct rockets and flakball to the face.

Geeze... I won't comment on that.

-Afaik the bio secondary hit kinda glues onto the opponent, wich is cool, if the guy explodes when it bursts. Imagine an in air hit, where the guy gets hit on his way up, then explode 0.5 seconds later still in air. nice=)

You have no idea how it would really work. It work like they want it too. And the guy already explode when hit.

I heard far ago that they are.

If thats all you like, might as well go get another game.

Thank you for ur tiem.

Comment

You think the Flak cannon is slow? The Flak cannon like someone else said is not meant for long range whatsoever. You should go back in time and see the really slow original Flak Cannon that had the fire rate of the lightning gun. Sure it was nice and strong at close range but the time between shots was made you go " LOAD THE SHELL FASTER BEFORE I GET SHOT". You should be happy with what you get.

Comment

Rockets throw someone up precisely high enough to be able to land a second rocket when they fall down. Any more than that and you'll have to hold your fire inbetween shots which gives your opponent more chance to shock/snipe ***** you from mid-air.
                    In other words: more push from the rocketlauncher would actually make it a less effective weapon, and that wouldn't make me happy.

Comment

Hi! lolz I saw this guy with an [EPIC] tag on a server and owned him the other day. was that you? NEway, U need to add some stuff to Envy! I saw in an interview about the hoverboard so I had to write to you and tell you WTF! Furthermore, if you don't make the models less visible pr0s like me will boycott the game. BTW the size of the 3rd person shock sucks!

Comment

What..? The body do explode. A rocket passing by but hitting is a lag. How does it look stupid? You can't just make them blow in parts when they still have health left. Non sense for a game like that.

The rocket doesnt' explode.

Its not a long range device. Its a med-short range weapon. Its an amazing weapon already. Why not make the attack so fast you can't dodge it at all no matter what? I don't want overpowered weapons.

Why not make it possible to hit people from far away like in ut99?

Rockets do look weird but bullets are not that big. They do lift people of the ground, but they don't make them fly, because its boring to be sent flying everytime a rocket blow near you, and it would be overpowered. And when it does kill them, they almost always blow up, and I like that effect. Don't blay with gore turned off.

They dont blow up, the loose some limbs and catch fire. 3 rockets to the feet should atleasy lift u high enough to send the next rocket to ur face midair.

Completely disagree. It needs skills, but no it shouldn't be like that. Combo are alright, I only hate standing combos, which could be made better if the rate of fire is slower. It should push people more? What the hell? It should BARELY push them, its just ridiculous, too much power in that weapon already.

I dont know about you, but in my first ffa of ut2k4 i could hit 3,4 and 5 shocks in a row. in ut99 you need skills to hit 5 shocks in a row, and its rarely seen. if the shock pushes them a bit, its harder to hit!!! if they just get a scoop, like in ut2k4, its too easy imo.

They do look weird. But that doesn't mean they have freaks in their staff. Need for that kind of comment when you are whining just show everyone your maturity.

And this comment just shows u have no sense of humor whatsoever.

No. HS shouldn't be easy, it wasn't skill to head shot people in UT more than it was to hit them in the first place. BAD idea.

Well, in 2k4 its 50% luck. rather have it a bit easy to hit, than just random hitting headshots.

Rockets and flak secondary should lift people off the ground. Close range primary should anihilate the other guy completely. So should direct rockets and flakball to the face.

Geeze... I won't comment on that.

Why not? ut2k4 has shock juggling wich makes no sense at all! rocketjuggling on the other hand, makes SENSE.

If thats all you like, might as well go get another game.
                        I went back to UT99 after like 1 month of 2k4....

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                          In other words: more push from the rocketlauncher would actually make it a less effective weapon, and that wouldn't make me happy.
                          More push made Quake 3's rocket launcher more effective.

Comment

I went back to UT99 after like 1 month of 2k4....
                            I guess that explains most of the comments on weaponry in your first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooks` View Post
                              Hi! lolz I saw this guy with an [EPIC] tag on a server and owned him the other day. was that you? NEway, U need to add some stuff to Envy! I saw in an interview about the hoverboard so I had to write to you and tell you WTF! Furthermore, if you don't make the models less visible pr0s like me will boycott the game. BTW the size of the 3rd person shock sucks!
                              Does anyone else have a clue as to what this guy is talking about?

Furthermore, if you don't make the models less visible pr0s like me will boycott the game.
                              Is that because the "pr0s" are afraid of being made into laughingstocks for wanting to use glowskins in UT3?

Comment

Working...
                              X