Customizable Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customizable Characters

I was checking out some pictures on Beyound Unreal (LINK) and came across some very cool looking pictures of the Loque. They have a few different phases of the model. This got me thinking, I remember them saying you can swap out torsos of characters. Linked are two different pictures of Loque.

Loque A

Loque B

My question is, do you think you can play with both versions in UT3 or is the armor less one just used to show off the Unreal 3 engines modeling ability?

I would think that you have to play with armour, as it makes all the models the same size. That's just my guess.

Comment

When I read that article I noticed the same thing - though I thought it was just them showing how they created the character - but on second thought I doubt you would build him like that *shrug*

Comment

I hope you can. At the very least select from light to heavy armor. What ever the out come, I'm sure I will be happy.

Note to Epic: F#*%ing awesome work on these models.............I swear they look like CGI models. November seems soooooooooo far. Can't wait!

Comment

Now they should have it so u can make a charater from scratch (instead of modeling it with like Maya or 3dsMAX) instead of editing a previous charater.

Comment

Never seen that SS before, I like the way you can swap them out.

(did anyone notice there was a real life loque on the far right of the second screenshot?)

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
              (did anyone notice there was a real life loque on the far right of the second screenshot?)
              Believe it or not that's another HDTV rendering of that same screenshot. Pretty real, isn't it?

Comment

Correction on my part, that is a reflection on the glass near the large screen. It's reflecting the image somehow.

Comment

I believe I read an interview that said you could customize your character (head, torso, legs, arms, etc) but I might be mistaken. Anyone else remember this?

Comment

Its funny , I have seen very little discussion on the new custom player ability. I thought it make a lot of players in the community happy. I know I am. I really appreciate this feature. In the previous Ut's you would find that one model and make it yours, then see a few thousand others using the same one.

Now with the custom ability, you can have various combinations of one character. All this done with out having to down load and install extra content. It still a little fuzzy on the depth of this new feature but I will be dreaming about the possibilities until more official news is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Skill View Post
                      I believe I read an interview that said you could customize your character (head, torso, legs, arms, etc) but I might be mistaken. Anyone else remember this?
                      Here is a quote from the interview at Beyond Unreal.

"H: When UT3 comes out what can we look forward to from both of you guys? Anything specific we need to look out for or is it going to get slapped in our faces?

CW: Character customization, taking a note from MMO’s. We have it where you select your character and then you can choose from a selection of shoulder pads and thighs, boots, helmets, goggles, torsos and so on. Also you can use the PC version to make modifications of parts and put that on to your own character, that’s a really fun element.
                      "

Comment

I wonder whether it is possible to add usermade customizations to the game which work with retail models.

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski View Post
                          I wonder whether it is possible to add usermade customizations to the game which work with retail models.
                          Like an in game customization feature that lets you morph and paint different parts on the characters? That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemer_x_ View Post
                            Like an in game customization feature that lets you morph and paint different parts on the characters? That would be cool.
                            I mean when someone uses Maya, 3dsMax or such to create a model, a helmet for instance, and texture it. Then s/he imports it to UT and creates needed things for it in order to make it work with retail player models and their customizations.

Comment

that would involve there being a transffer of files to the server and then to the players, and i have only ever seen something like that in DoW where your custom badges get sent BEFORE the game starts.
                              So i dont belive that would be possible, cause quite frankly, would you want to be whooping ***, then suddenly find someone joining then your game play go to poo cause your getting files of them? :S

what your saying will have to be server installed, then everyone gets them before hand.

What there doing is almost perfect, even tho it would be even better if mentioned armour colours could be changed (maybe they can be, maybe not) but it's all client side.

I think thats one reason why custom skins never really took of, even tho there great in some respects, there useless in others cause you cant have everyone seeing it :<

Comment

Working...
                              X