Ictf ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ictf ?

Now that i saw some 1 asking if inv was gana be on ut3 i was wondering..... is ictf goin 2 be in ut3 ?

Yes, Instagib is in. It was mentioned in a recent interview along with LowGrav.

The real question is, does iCTF get it's own server tab?

Comment

OH............. i hope it does :|

Comment

there should be, i mean it would be silly not to give it its own tab because although it is still CTF in sence instant death kind of changes the way you play alot

Comment

Please

I really hope ictf does get its own tab, only because I'd never want to accidentally join a server with it.

*Heck I'd want any server that is Insta only to be separate from regular servers!

Intentsly

Comment

Was that a serious question? Taking away instagib would be like, taking away half of the game almost, for something that easy to develop.

Anyway. Yeah, real question is about the tab. I predict that yes, it'll have it's own tab. They added it to UT2004 so why not keep it.

Comment

In before boksha gives it two thumbs down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                Yes, Instagib is in. It was mentioned in a recent interview along with LowGrav.

The real question is, does iCTF get it's own server tab?
                I hope a good brownser where you can set some specifications like "server with normal gravity only" or "servers without translocator" or somethings like that.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                  In before boksha gives it two thumbs down.
                  Huh?
                  While I think it's a bit silly for iCTF to have it's own servertab (it is, after all, still CTF with the instagib mutator applied), I've got nothing against iCTF. I'll never play it, so it doesn't bother me.

Comment

I loved IG in UT1. IMO, it should just be a mutator option instead of having its own gametype tab. We all know that there are going to be 600 different IG mutators that get made, so having a tab is kind of worthless anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                      ... there are going to be 600 different IG mutators that get made, so having a tab is kind of worthless anyway.
                      Really? I don't really care for Instagib, so I don't follow such things. How many variations can there really be to one-shot-kills? Zoom or No-zoom... and... ?

Perhaps I lack imagination.

Comment

Well, it would be nice if all those mutators could fit under one tab.

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                        Really? I don't really care for Instagib, so I don't follow such things. How many variations can there really be to one-shot-kills? Zoom or No-zoom... and... ?
                        No idea, but I know I once made a "classic instagib" mutator that had beams and sounds that were more like UT1.

Comment

iCTF is one of my favorite ways to play, but I thought it was pretty silly to give it a gametype tab. I suppose it doesn't really matter if it does get it, but I don't really see the point, as we're talking about a mutator and not a gametype, however different it may be.

Comment

IG is a mutator and that's where it belongs. It defeats the purpose of mutators in the first place.

Comment

If you could add your tabs (see thread i started half o' year ago) you might add or remove your own iCTF tab.

Comment

Working...
                              X