UT3 Server Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Server Browser

You know how it was back in UT99 and 2K3/4 where you would open a list for CTF servers then you have to search in the server description to make sure you join a "regular weapons CTF game?" Yeah, I didnt care for that either, and I'm hoping there will be a tab or filter available in UT3 that makes it easier to locate the regular weapons servers.

There were 2 tabs labeled CTF and Instagib CTF in 2K4 yet I was still seeing IG CTF servers under the regular CTF tab for some reason. Whether you checked standard or unchecked it the results were the same.

I'm just hoping there is an extra tab perhaps under CTF or any other gametype with the ability to fix this problem.

I actually just informed two of my friends that if the server browser and online communication in UT3 was like it is in 2k4, I would not be buying the game. It's so poor that I can't stand to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by ./thefinalcut View Post
      I actually just informed two of my friends that if the server browser and online communication in UT3 was like it is in 2k4, I would not be buying the game. It's so poor that I can't stand to use it.
      Only matters if your friends are cliffyb and mark rein.

Comment

Hello Forum,

I hope there is a filter option for the platforms. I hear also EPIC want separated good from sometimes players. Any know anything.

Comment

just a simple mod-free+reg wepons checkbox would be good. Just playing simple plain, ctf.

Comment

i believe i read somewhere that they will be using gamespy as the server browser in ut3.

Comment

Tabs would be nice. Also lots of information on the screen in a clean uncluttered manner. I've been playing lot's of America's Army lately and the server browser is terrbile.

Comment

Each browser I've seen from UT to UT2k4 has been good enough. Nothing to compain, except from the random randomness, that doesn't bother me though. I mostly use the favorites list anyway.

Comment

I wish I could have different Favorites lists.

Comment

hope the server-browser doesnt hide too many informations of connected users this time like in ut2k4. at ut99 you can just view everythink from servers like
                    • players name
                    • players frags
                    • players ping
                    • players team
                    • players mesh
                    • players skin
                    • players face
                    • players id
                    • players ngWorldStats (i know its useless now )

ut2k4 just offers a few:
                    • players name
                    • players score
                    • players rank
                    • players ping
                    • of course players teams (teamcolored playernames)

i would like to know which skin (or race) the players use

Comment

I still think my idea of being able to give maps a personal rating (* to *****) and filter via that + other options was quite a good idea. There's nothing worse than tons of maps you don't want to play showing up in the server browser.

Comment

Working...
                      X