UT3 body destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    yeah i agree, maximum gore level on UT99 was sweet as cos if you blasted a person there was blood all over the place and all over the floor, ceiling, walls everywhere and it stayed there for a fair amount of time, UT2004 blood came off the walls after about 5 seconds

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think censorship in modern day society is disgusting!.... if we want gore, let us have it!, and plenty of it!.... if some people dont, let there be a parental lock for kids, and a gore level for the rest.

Personally i LOVE the UT gore, and in my opinion it has always been an important part of the game and one of the trademarks of the series.... there really must be alot of gore, and if people dont like it, they should be able to turn it down... but for the blood thirsty among us, let there be much gore!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    Break compatibility? For gore levels? Please tell me I can turn that **** off!
    I believe he was referring to the rag doll system being altered which might have a slight possibility of making it not compatible, but I doubt it.

Who really knows though besides EPIC?

EDIT:In UT2k4 you can actually turn off rag dolls in the INT files(not INI). It plays a simple death animation similar to the UT1 death animation.
    I guess my final conclusion is that, yea, I highly highly doubt it'd not be compatible with the international version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Break compatibility? For gore levels? Please tell me I can turn that **** off!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Corpse-gibbing confirmed!

In a quick interview with the guys from the german gaming mag GameStar, a Midway employee was asked which features will be cut out from the game for the german version. He answered that you'll be able to dismember corpses in the game and that this will have to be taken out because german authorities don't like stuff like that at all.
    Additionally, he also said that even some cuts to the ragdoll system might have to be made.

If this is true, this could very well break the net-compatibility between the german and the international version. And though I never planned to get the german version anyway (UK-imports ftw), I would really hate to see this happen, because, as much as I love the international UT community, I'd like to be able to play with some players from my homecountry as well... The UT community is a great one and germany is a part of it, it shouldn't be cut off from the rest. It's better to risk a higher rating (minors shouldn't play such a kind of game anyways) than to split a community. I really hope that Epic thinks so as well...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fountains of blood! give me!

I actualy commit suicide frequently in UT just too see what the effect does to my character.

Please make the gore up to a level never imagened before!
    Something that makes the creators and developers from Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat games say: "your some weird, sick puppy's EPIC!"

Hmmm.... Lawnmower MOD......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think instead of gore when you kill a player you should hug each other in a nice embrace and then the killer whispers into the victims ear "it's going to be OK"... the victim bursts into an explosion of butterflies and they part ways

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sick of games where the whole point of the game is to "kill" them but then when you shoot them nothing happens or bright green stuff sprays out.

Come on, it's just way to ironic.

Blood is what makes games like this fun, when you see your openent in 28 pieces with gibs flying out left, right and centre you get a sense of accomplishment =]

Considering Epic Dev'ed GoW I think we are in safe hands, there's no way there going to change GoW "bloody" recipe for success.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Useless waste of resources. Gore is dull.
    what he said.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was talking about the post-gib remove effect.

You weirdos can keep your gibs... I don't care what you see on your screen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd use the transporter effect, or whatever you call it... the same one you get when you spawn. Beam it in alive, and beam it out dead.
    Ack. The heretic is back! Blast him to peices. To gibs!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im happy as long as there bums can be destroyed this time...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    heres a idea the bodies super speed decompose into dust. then the dust can fade away

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sivak View Post
    I hope they get rid of the body glowing green and floating up to disintegrate after it's there for about 5 secs. I know they need to disappear, but that was kinda cheesy. A plain, quick fade out or disappearance will do the job.
    i agree with u there but i reckon the bodies should stay there for quite some time, or until they have been destroyed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd use the transporter effect, or whatever you call it... the same one you get when you spawn. Beam it in alive, and beam it out dead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X