Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will this game be "capped" at 60fps?

anybody have an idea?

i haven't been too happy with other games with this limitation, but i guess if it is i'll run it on my hdtv at
    1920*1080*60..

thanks in advance,
    CD

i don't recall previous UTs being capped... but i do recall reading about Quake4 being capped (i should play Q4 of these days... after all, i bought the **** game).

with that said, i don't think it will be capped. that being said, i'm not from Epic... so take that however you will.

Comment

UT2k3/4 are capped at 85 fps online, offline there is no caplimit.

The 360 version of UT3 has been mentioned to be capped at 30 fps, the PS3 version might have the same result. But I dont expect the PC version to have a cap limit, at least not that low. If there is by any chance a cap limit on UT3 for PC, it'll probably be similar to the previous games, 85 fps online and no cap offline.

Comment

If they are going to cap it, please make it like 85 + that way in the future we can get absolute smooth gameplay and not some stupid 40 or 60 because of a stupid cap limit.. WASTE OF HARDWARE POWER

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
          If they are going to cap it, please make it like 85 + that way in the future we can get absolute smooth gameplay and not some stupid 40 or 60 because of a stupid cap limit.. WASTE OF HARDWARE POWER
          Exactly that

Comment

they uncapped Quake4 in a patch. there's no reason for UT3 to have a cap either.

Comment

Where are you guys getting that the game will be capped at 60 fps for online play? Got a reference?

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                Where are you guys getting that the game will be capped at 60 fps for online play? Got a reference?
                Because every new generation game seems to be capped ;/ Doom 3, Q4, Quake Wars, and 2KX.

Comment

Originally posted by depain View Post
                  Because every new generation game seems to be capped ;/ Doom 3, Q4, Quake Wars, and 2KX.
                  UT2003/4 were NOT capped at 60 fps.

Comment

Yea I don't understand why people would believe UT2k3/4 are capped at 60 after I just got done saying it was capped at 85 online and that there was no cap limit offline.

Comment

I don't see why you need more than 85 fps online anyways?

Comment

2kx was capped at 85.

Why do people need more fps? Well, in my case, games seem to run smoother and just feel better.

Comment

The human eye on average only sees 60 fps, theres no visual improvement on a game that goes above that, but you can always feel far beyond 60 fps on a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                            The human eye on average only sees 60 fps, theres no visual improvement on a game that goes above that, but you can always feel far beyond 60 fps on a game.
                            Wait I thought the human eye could only see 35?

Comment

Recent studies say 60(so I was told).

I tend to believe them as well, because I clearly don't see a difference between 60 fps and a 1000(visually), but I do see a difference between 35 and 60.

Comment

Working...
                              X