Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by X-Cannon View Post
    I say up the rate of fire, up the knockback and up the damage!
    And I'd say "yeah, and up yours too", but I can see you're being sarcastic.

Oh, and it would probably get me an infraction thingy as well.

I voted 'no' on this too. The shock gun primary was a bit overpowered as it was, and though it can be considered fun to do, it doesn't weigh to the frustration the other guy feels for being unable to do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hate shock taping above everything else in ut2k4. It's not skillfull - its dumb. It's so simple and straight forward that it's all anyone does any more. I long for the days of admiring someone's rockets or flak skill. Those folks are either long gone or they simply learned to tape instead. How often do you actually see skilled combos any more? Why bother with a well placed, predicted combo when you can tape the **** out of your opponent. The game becomes very linear and all about controlling the stupid shock rifle.

No thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Darude-Sandstorm View Post
    Nothing takes more skill or is more rewarding than when you hit someone who's completely stacked with a bunch of shocks in a row and then they die without being able to even fire at you! ... In fact, I think it would be great if you could speed up the shock so players can juggle even better! I think being able to juggle with shock will make it the most popular game on the PS3, PC, and the Xbox360!
    Yea, as being unable to do anything back to a player that's shooting you is totally fun and balanced.

I hated it in 2004, so IMO it should be out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shock taping is one of the most *****ed about things regarding UT2004. Why the hell would you want to make it even worse? If they were to make it even worse, you might as well call the next game "Shock-Rifle Tournament 3".
    As not only myself, but mostly everyone else has said.. tune down the damage a little bit and kill some of the knock back. IMO, them making the alt fire ball a little smaller and bit faster was also a good idea.

It may not be the most *****ed about, but it's definitely up there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I like the knockback from the shockballs but it could be toned down some. I voted YES but it doesn't have to be so bad.

Point might be moot now as there is a knockaround effect where you get sucked toward the explosion apparently. Needs gameplay testing for sure. (hint: release teh demos alrady Epic!1)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Apart from what others already explained to you:

Originally posted by Darude-Sandstorm View Post
    I think being able to juggle with shock will make it the most popular game on the PS3, PC, and the Xbox360!
    I think you should stop thinking. Leads to nothing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    A slight spread on the beam would solve all problems. No more long range combo ****, no more juggling, no more long range encounters.
    >ROFL, are you kidding me? Combo sniping bad players is fun :}

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Worlock View Post
    You seriously must be joking. Shock taping (or juggling as you call it) takes no skill and has played a major part in ruining 2k4 weapon balance.
    >Thank you Worlock.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    A slight spread on the beam would solve all problems. No more long range combo ****, no more juggling, no more long range encounters.
    You mean a counterstrike style inaccuracy? That would be bad! Even if the worst thing happened and you couldn't shock tape in UT3, the missing wouldn't be the best answer! This isn't battlefield you know

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, i have to agree that shock taping or juggling has to be removed for the game to prosper farther than ut2k4 in terms of skill levels of players and clans, however i doubt this technique will matter much since the gravity in UT3 is much higher meaning it will stick those players to the ground faster allowing them to start their movement earlier, which in fact is more to the ut99 way and of course, that will stop the shock tapers or jugglers or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just wait for a mutator of this, it happened in ut2k4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No. It's pretty bad when clans camp and time shock just as much or more than the belt and/or amp. They need to slow down the primary fire speed and shrink the combo ball.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    There is no way of removing shock juggling...
    Just decreasing the rate of fire is enough to stop it. When it fires a little slower it allows the other player to land and move, fire back, etc. before getting another shock tap. No shock-tapping for UT3, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is no way of removing shock juggling unless they removed the knock back almost entirely or increase the damage excessively. Shock taping can become a pretty unbalanced and annoying technique, but its not entirely a bad thing either. The best way to fix this is to tweak all the weapons, the maps, and overall the shock itself. Shock juggling will probably never leave UT, but it'll probably be much more balanced compared to UT2k3/4.
    UT1 never had shock taping as a major issue, I suspect the same from UT3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X