Shock Juggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock Juggling

I think shock juggling is the best thing in the game. Nothing takes more skill or is more rewarding than when you hit someone who's completely stacked with a bunch of shocks in a row and then they die without being able to even fire at you! However, I saw in some of the new videos that the shock doesn't seem to fire as fast and it doesn't knock back as much. Please don't let this ruin shock juggling in UT3. In fact, I think it would be great if you could speed up the shock so players can juggle even better! I think being able to juggle with shock will make it the most popular game on the PS3, PC, and the Xbox360!

I enjoy people taping their fire buttons down and running around DM-Rankin for 14 hours a day just as much as the next guy but I do believe enough is enough already.

Comment

I don't think many players enjoyed the fact the shock rifle knocked them around so ridiculously compared to weapons like rocket launchers or flak altfire. That just seemed way out of line.

Comment

You seriously must be joking. Shock taping (or juggling as you call it) takes no skill and has played a major part in ruining 2k4 weapon balance.

Comment

Yes, I was wondering exactly how it takes skill to hit something that can't even move properly.
          To say nothing takes more skill is a bit of an exaggeration.

Comment

You want to make by far the most overpowered gun in the game more powerful !

Comment

I say up the rate of fire, up the knockback and up the damage!

I mean I already have my primary fire bound to my movements keys, this would only add to the fun and enjoyment of my UT experience!

Comment

Just replace the shock with the super shock, honestly. Taping problem solved.

Comment

There is no way of removing shock juggling unless they removed the knock back almost entirely or increase the damage excessively. Shock taping can become a pretty unbalanced and annoying technique, but its not entirely a bad thing either. The best way to fix this is to tweak all the weapons, the maps, and overall the shock itself. Shock juggling will probably never leave UT, but it'll probably be much more balanced compared to UT2k3/4.
                  UT1 never had shock taping as a major issue, I suspect the same from UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                    There is no way of removing shock juggling...
                    Just decreasing the rate of fire is enough to stop it. When it fires a little slower it allows the other player to land and move, fire back, etc. before getting another shock tap. No shock-tapping for UT3, thanks.

Comment

No. It's pretty bad when clans camp and time shock just as much or more than the belt and/or amp. They need to slow down the primary fire speed and shrink the combo ball.

Comment

just wait for a mutator of this, it happened in ut2k4

Comment

well, i have to agree that shock taping or juggling has to be removed for the game to prosper farther than ut2k4 in terms of skill levels of players and clans, however i doubt this technique will matter much since the gravity in UT3 is much higher meaning it will stick those players to the ground faster allowing them to start their movement earlier, which in fact is more to the ut99 way and of course, that will stop the shock tapers or jugglers or whatever.

Comment

A slight spread on the beam would solve all problems. No more long range combo ****, no more juggling, no more long range encounters.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                              A slight spread on the beam would solve all problems. No more long range combo ****, no more juggling, no more long range encounters.
                              You mean a counterstrike style inaccuracy? That would be bad! Even if the worst thing happened and you couldn't shock tape in UT3, the missing wouldn't be the best answer! This isn't battlefield you know

Comment

Working...
                              X