Some simple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You can access the UScript source via UEd but if you want the C++ code you'll have to purchase a not so cheap licence.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bersy View Post
    Network tools? UT3 comes with UnrealEd, which enables users to make their own maps and access all the assets of the game.. You can use its tools to decompile the source, and then create your own packages which extend from UT3's classes, to create your own mods and mutators. So while the full source isn't normally included, it is still accessible in some form.
    i don't think you're actually modifying the core engine... just "attributes"... layout, textures, some detail on physics (more/less, "curve" etc)... and so on.

so like i said, i don't think you'll be modifying the engine itself (which would require licensing)... and as such, you wouldn't need access to network tools.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Network tools? UT3 comes with UnrealEd, which enables users to make their own maps and access all the assets of the game.. You can use its tools to decompile the source, and then create your own packages which extend from UT3's classes, to create your own mods and mutators. So while the full source isn't normally included, it is still accessible in some form.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Some simple questions

Some simple questions

1) does the development engine come with network tools for mods?

2) do you get the source to the game you bought (like if you buy GoW you can see the GoW source) ?
Working...
X