• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not true. Closed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some forums have policies against "calling out the devs" and similar activities. Also, many questions can be answered by knowledgable forumites who have read and kept up with things. Lastly, some questions not even the devs would answer even if they wanted to, particularly if there are technical problems, etc. Often what is a technical problem at one point in time is solved at a later time. But that doesn't stop skeptics from jumping on those problems and "doomsaying" things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why would they answer to you when the question has already been answered?

here's the breakdown for you:

*UT3 was a PC and PS3 exclusive when it was originally announce in 2005, it wasn't until January of this year (2007) that they said they were going to make it for XBOX360

*Gears of War is run on Unreal Engine 3, so no they don't have problems with the engine working on XBOX360

*There is an issue which Epic and Microsoft are trying to resolve (and most likely will sometime before 2008) with the DVD's not being able to hold all of the content on one disc. This isn't a problem on PC/PS3 because of Hard Drives for both the PC/PS3 and Blue Ray discs for the PS3 which can hold a lot more than DVD's and HD-DVD's.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok guys thanks a lot, i just hope to get some answer from the Epic team.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what both of them said... oh and dont bump your own threads just because you dont get an answer in 15 minutes. the people at Epic dont have all the time to post on these forums. they have to make the game you know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well we already know the engine runs fine on the 360 seeing as Gears of War has been running on it for nearly a year.

DannyTaggart is correct. The stated reason is that they are working with Microsoft on a solution to get user-created content to the 360. Also, it was the last platform for which it was announced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't speak for Epic, but I'm under the impression that one of the biggest issues is that the XBox is a "closed" platform and so the issue is how to allow XBoxxers to download the thousands of custom user-made maps and mods that will be produced by PC players.

BTW--you really should try to get the game for your PC if it's powerful enough because the real game is going to be online multiplayer. IMHO, if you don't play custom maps online, if you don't discover new mods and game types while looking for interesting servers, if you aren't involved in servers' community discussion forums, and perhaps if you haven't been a member of a clan and played clan matches in organized leagues, you're just not getting the real UT experience. I don't think you'll be able to do all of that and to thus get the real UT experience on the XBox.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    please respond my question

Leave a comment:

• Question for devs and Mark Rein about UT3 for the xbox360

I just wanna know if u guys are having problems running UT3 on the xbox360? ( i mean if the xbox360 is not running the engine properly) note: not trolling question just i wanna know.., because some people is making up stuff about epic having problems with the xbox360.
Working...
X