PC Version vs 360 Version...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BloodyCreep View Post
    Obviously, UT has always played the best on the PC... but my issue is my computer. I'm not updating this hunk for a long time because neither am I interested in updating it, nor do I want to spend the money.

My current set up is
    AMD 64 3000+
    1GB RAM
    Nvidia 6600GT

Am I basically going to be forced to get the 360 version?
    If you have a 360, it should look loads better. I've got a similar rig, except that I upgraded to 2GB RAM and an ATI 1850GTO 256MB and I will probably be lucky to run it at medium settings (my guess).

So yeah, shell out for the 360 version, but when you get a chance to upgrade your mobo/CPU/video card that's when you might switch to PC to play.

Comment

Obviously, UT has always played the best on the PC... but my issue is my computer. I'm not updating this hunk for a long time because neither am I interested in updating it, nor do I want to spend the money.

My current set up is
      AMD 64 3000+
      1GB RAM
      Nvidia 6600GT

Am I basically going to be forced to get the 360 version?
      well to be honest if you read some of the interviews, they have been running the tests on 2-3 year old systems with a 7600 vid card on medium sttings...

so I suspect your system will run UT3 ok at low to medium levels, maybe on higher levels but doubtfull.... the best would be to wait untill the spec level comes out... and then make your mind up...

Comment

Maybe they will release a demo, and I'll see of its satisfactory.

Comment

Maybe they will release a demo, and I'll see of its satisfactory.
          They will release a PC demo. They only real question is when?

I'm not really that good at patience either.

Comment

Working...
          X