PC Version vs 360 Version...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Version vs 360 Version...

Obviously, UT has always played the best on the PC... but my issue is my computer. I'm not updating this hunk for a long time because neither am I interested in updating it, nor do I want to spend the money.

My current set up is
    AMD 64 3000+
    1GB RAM
    Nvidia 6600GT

Am I basically going to be forced to get the 360 version?

No one's "forcing" you to do anything, BloodyCreep. Making the best decision based on the information presently available is entirely up to you.

Comment

Well than, may I ask for some Guidance? Would it be worth getting the PC Version on an old hunk like mine? I mean I can play Quake Wars just fine, but than again, that game uses the DOOM Graphics engine.

Comment

My opinion: Considering the specs of your PC, I think you'll be more satisfied with a copy for your 360, but the inclusion of the UEd alone is a reason to pick up a copy for PC. Personally, I will be picking up a copy for both PC and PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by ULTRAVISITOR View Post
          No one's "forcing" you to do anything, BloodyCreep. Making the best decision based on the information presently available is entirely up to you.
          I think you mean::::

No one is forcing you to buy anything you bloody creep!!
          just kidding, I think you should stick to X360 with Keyboard plus mouse. I say this not cause i got some biases but by the looks of you specs. If you, for some reason do not want to play on the X360 then sure..play the PC version..but play it on minimum settings, thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by durtytarget View Post
            I think you mean::::

No one is forcing you to buy anything you bloody creep!!
            just kidding, I think you should stick to X360 with Keyboard plus mouse. I say this not cause i got some biases but by the looks of you specs. If you, for some reason do not want to play on the X360 then sure..play the PC version..but play it on minimum settings, thats all.
            You forgot to mention that you will have to wait a year or so to play it...
            If you want to play it this year.. you will have to get it for the PC (Since you have a 360 I'm guessing you don't have a PS3). Either that or wait...
            I think you will be able to play it on low settings but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos2003 View Post
              You forgot to mention that you will have to wait a year or so to play it...
              They're thinking Q1 '08 ... not a year.

Comment

Still pretty long... 08 is still a year away for me...

Comment

Well considering your PC hardware vs the 360 and how it will run. Id say the 360 version would be the better choice for you.

Unless your willing to upgrade your CPU and Video card. If your CPU/mobo is socket 939 you can upgrade to a dual core AMD 64 x2, which are slower then core2duo's but they still hold their own and are a good value.

As for your videocard, if it's PCI-express you can get a 7900GS for around $139, which is a killer deal and I would suspect it should be able to run UT3 decently.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133186

and here's a great deal on an AMD 64 x2 4200+ socket 939

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103053

Comment

Originally posted by BloodyCreep View Post
                    Obviously, UT has always played the best on the PC... but my issue is my computer. I'm not updating this hunk for a long time because neither am I interested in updating it, nor do I want to spend the money.

My current set up is
                    AMD 64 3000+
                    1GB RAM
                    Nvidia 6600GT

Your PC is fine. just update the Vid card and maybe a little more RAM and you should be golden.

Comment

I dunno...an Athlon 64 3000 and a 6600 GT? I hope that the game runs well on that because I have an Opteron 148 (overclocked to 2.5 Ghz) and a Radeon x800xt. However, his system seems a little weak and I'm contemplating upgrading to a dual core Opteron and a new video card.

If he has Socket 939 he might consider upgrading to a dual core processor too (very overclockable Opteron 165 is less than $100 shipped from Newegg.com as of a few days ago) and a new video card ($150 would probably be sufficient).

I think he really should try to get the game for the PC and not for a console because the real UT game is going to be online multiplayer. IMHO, if you don't play custom maps online, if you don't discover new mods and game types while looking for interesting servers, if you aren't involved in servers' community discussion forums, and perhaps if you haven't been a member of a clan and played clan matches in organized leagues, you're just not getting the real UT experience. He probably won't be able to do that on the XBox.

Comment

Originally posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
                        I dunno...an Athlon 64 3000 and a 6600 GT? I hope that the game runs well on that because I have an Opteron 148 (overclocked to 2.5 Ghz) and a Radeon x800xt. However, his system seems a little weak and I'm contemplating upgrading to a dual core Opteron and a new video card.

If he has Socket 939 he might consider upgrading to a dual core processor too (very overclockable Opteron 165 is less than $100 shipped from Newegg.com as of a few days ago) and a new video card ($150 would probably be sufficient).

I think he really should try to get the game for the PC and not for a console because the real UT game is going to be online multiplayer. IMHO, if you don't play custom maps online, if you don't discover new mods and game types while looking for interesting servers, if you aren't involved in servers' community discussion forums, and perhaps if you haven't been a member of a clan and played clan matches in organized leagues, you're just not getting the real UT experience. He probably won't be able to do that on the XBox.

Yeah, the only bonus I see for the 360 version is not having Assault Watered down to a "HELLBENDERRACE" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodyCreep View Post

My current set up is
                          AMD 64 3000+
                          1GB RAM
                          Nvidia 6600GT

I have the exact same thing, but my vid card is PCI-E 6800GS OC. I do plan on upgrading, but I'm quite sure mine will be able to run the game in at least low settings, with 1 or 2 things set to med.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                            I have the exact same thing, but my vid card is PCI-E 6800GS OC. I do plan on upgrading, but I'm quite sure mine will be able to run the game in at least low settings, with 1 or 2 things set to med.
                            so basically you going to play UT2k4 with UT3 gameplay for the crappy graphics,? I mean what's the point of Unreal engine 3 if you can't run it on its pure glory ? or aleast on normal settings

sorry Im't not attacking you I'm just making a point

Comment

Originally posted by skippo View Post
                              so basically you going to play UT2k4 with UT3 gameplay for the crappy graphics,? I mean what's the point of Unreal engine 3 if you can't run it on its pure glory ? or aleast on normal settings

sorry Im't not attacking you I'm just making a point
                              Unreal Engine 3 is more then just graphics

Comment

Working...
                              X