What PC do u need for Unreal 3, will mine be ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What PC do u need for Unreal 3, will mine be ok

Bearing im mind,mine is over 2 years old, and probably cost lese $500 to make now pc prices i paid $500 just on the gpu years ago.
    amd 64 3800+ x 2 2ghz
    2gig ddr1
    geforce 7800gt 512mb ram
    dvd drive 12x
    hard-drive 80 gig lol
    this is just a gaming pc, i have a home pc (dell lol)

id say it should be ok

Comment

you won't get max settings but it will likely be playable at medium settings, but we will know in a few months what the system specs will be.

Comment

Originally posted by gen0c1de View Post
        you won't get max settings but it will likely be playable at medium settings, but we will know in a few months what the system specs will be.
        i will get max

Comment

Originally posted by punkylemming View Post
          i will get max
          not likely, they have stated... oh if i wasn't lazy i would dig up the link, that their isn't a system out there yet that can handle unreal engine 3.0 at max settings ...

Comment

( i paid $500 just on the gpu years ago.
            I don't care what specs your computer has. Anything that was bought "years ago" is not going to run UT3 at full capacity.

Comment

not likely, they have stated... oh if i wasn't lazy i would dig up the link, that their isn't a system out there yet that can handle unreal engine 3.0 at max settings ...
              i know i was being silly

Comment

Originally posted by Sublime View Post
                I don't care what specs your computer has. Anything that was bought "years ago" is not going to run UT3 at full capacity.
                7800gt 512mb ran gainwood special edition

Comment

i know i was being silly

silly .. is that some kind of metaphor ?

Comment

They said that a while ago, and at the time it was probably true.. However, at the comic-con thing that was in San Diego, I think it was Steve Polge, or someone else from Epic that said the machines that the game was being played on was over-kill for the game. The settings weren't any higher because the option simply just wasn't put in for it to go any higher in the build they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                      They said that a while ago, and at the time it was probably true.. However, at the comic-con thing that was in San Diego, I think it was Steve Polge, or someone else from Epic that said the machines that the game was being played on was over-kill for the game. The settings weren't any higher because the option simply just wasn't put in for it to go any higher in the build they had.
                      Exactly!! genocide, read a little bit more. I donn't think there was any hidden message when Steve polge said "Those machines at the comic con were way over kill".

Comment

interesting

Comment

True, he said that the machines were overkill, and they happened to be using the very same geforce 7800, if i remember correctly. You shouldn't have a problem. But lets stop making these threads and w8 for the system specs. at any rate, in the time you wait prices will go down $10 xD

Comment

i just feel worried for users that will be playing at 1680x1050 resolution like me.

Comment

>.>
                              <.<
                              Yeah I'm waiting for one of those 640mb 8800s to go below the 300 mark, maybe a new model altogether in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X