• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Man i want TAM on ut3 LOL, i love it, u dont need 2 go find ur weapons

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In UT99 days I spent most of my time in CTF.

I liked DM to have a bit of a bash and then do something else.

TDM I don't think I played that mode as much but it was definitely awesome fun playing with and against clans.

I'm mostly looking forward to the traditional stuff UT99 styles.

So I'm going to play DM/TDM/CTF. I'll give the other modes a try but I'm a bit skeptical. I was never a fan of the vehicles in the later UT series and I got bored with the map being too big. I'd get sniped and then have to go all this way just to see some action.

I miss the UT99 x-loc. I don't know about all this re-charge business?-What did you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
    Hard to say, in UT 99' I'm all about ctf now and in 2k4 I'm all about DM/TDMs.
    That's because CTF was borked in UT2004. However, based on what I've been reading, the UT3 CTF will be more like UT99 CTF, so it's possible that CTF could return to its former prominence.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sombrero Scavenger!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've always been an LMS and CTF man myself. I'm kinda looking forward to there being no LMS (though I'll really miss it). Just because I'll finally have to master DM properly. CTF is gonna rock hard though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VCTF. It's pretty much the only thing I play even years later. That and race maps on assault.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For me, Vehiciular CTF didn't really take off in UT2k4 only because by the time it came out and became mainstream, I lost interest in the game. I did enjoy the games I played, but I just didn't play that often. Otherwise I am pretty interested in what it might be like with these new vehicles, the hoverboard, and polished maps by Epic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Public play will definately be Warfare at start, but I'm wondering wether it will hold that position later on.
    For competive play, I spose 1v1 will suck duel players from other games and make it a big hit, I can't see anything but UT3 for next CPL/WCG years as 1on1 game.
    Still, I hope myself the CTF will finally unite CTF players from both UT and the UT2kx series, and if that happens, the community will be huge in numbers of people playing. UT2k4 CTF is almost dead now, but I reckon alot of players will return for UT3, and UT CTF has always been big.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go deathmatch... you raaaaawk!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM and TDM should be one option these days...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Ironically vCTF will pull people from both the Warfare and stock CTF gametypes, so there's a lot of potential there. Biggest question mark is how Warfare will play, however. We all pretty much know what the CTF and DM gametypes will play like.
    I can see that happening. In UT99 I was all for CTF, but then vCTF attracted me far more in '04 and ONS was kind of meh. So unless they make Warfare really sweet. I'll probably be playing vCTF.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On 2K4 I played onslaught and then got into assult, to be honest I prefered assult as people were and still are making lots of custom maps for it.

I don't like CTF, DM or the new game types that emulate them (i.e. freon and TAM). All theese game types just seem too old and boring for me. They were great in UT99 and I had loads of fun playing them, however they eventually got boring and I started to want more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ironically vCTF will pull people from both the Warfare and stock CTF gametypes, so there's a lot of potential there. Biggest question mark is how Warfare will play, however. We all pretty much know what the CTF and DM gametypes will play like.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm hoping that Warfare brings lots of new people to the game and that they start to trickle over to the DM/TDM/CTF communities after a few months!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Given this doesn't differentiate between pubs and competitive play, and that there are a LOT more pubs than competitive matches...:

Warfare
    DM
    CTF
    TDM
    VCTF

(VCTF may sneak up a position or two, depending on how good the early maps are. CTF/TDM will be about even. Warfare has the "zomg its new!" aspect going for it.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X