X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

competitively its definitly gonna be tdm, but pubs, its gonna be warfare

Comment

Perhaps..

Perhaps some of the newer game types will be popular in UT3's release infancy.
      After that, DM and CTF, will probably equal the total of the newer types, if not over take them down the road. Just my opinion. I'm sure my opinion may change after the Demo... hard to know!

Intentsly

Comment

Depends on how good Warfare will be, but my money is on traditional UT CTF, though I'll be playing a lot of vCTF too

Comment

Hard to say, in UT 99' I'm all about ctf now and in 2k4 I'm all about DM/TDMs.

Comment

bombing run mod

Comment

Given this doesn't differentiate between pubs and competitive play, and that there are a LOT more pubs than competitive matches...:

Warfare
              DM
              CTF
              TDM
              VCTF

(VCTF may sneak up a position or two, depending on how good the early maps are. CTF/TDM will be about even. Warfare has the "zomg its new!" aspect going for it.)

Comment

I'm hoping that Warfare brings lots of new people to the game and that they start to trickle over to the DM/TDM/CTF communities after a few months!

Comment

Ironically vCTF will pull people from both the Warfare and stock CTF gametypes, so there's a lot of potential there. Biggest question mark is how Warfare will play, however. We all pretty much know what the CTF and DM gametypes will play like.

Comment

On 2K4 I played onslaught and then got into assult, to be honest I prefered assult as people were and still are making lots of custom maps for it.

I don't like CTF, DM or the new game types that emulate them (i.e. freon and TAM). All theese game types just seem too old and boring for me. They were great in UT99 and I had loads of fun playing them, however they eventually got boring and I started to want more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                      Ironically vCTF will pull people from both the Warfare and stock CTF gametypes, so there's a lot of potential there. Biggest question mark is how Warfare will play, however. We all pretty much know what the CTF and DM gametypes will play like.
                      I can see that happening. In UT99 I was all for CTF, but then vCTF attracted me far more in '04 and ONS was kind of meh. So unless they make Warfare really sweet. I'll probably be playing vCTF.

Comment

DM and TDM should be one option these days...

Comment

Go deathmatch... you raaaaawk!

Comment

Public play will definately be Warfare at start, but I'm wondering wether it will hold that position later on.
                            For competive play, I spose 1v1 will suck duel players from other games and make it a big hit, I can't see anything but UT3 for next CPL/WCG years as 1on1 game.
                            Still, I hope myself the CTF will finally unite CTF players from both UT and the UT2kx series, and if that happens, the community will be huge in numbers of people playing. UT2k4 CTF is almost dead now, but I reckon alot of players will return for UT3, and UT CTF has always been big.

Comment

For me, Vehiciular CTF didn't really take off in UT2k4 only because by the time it came out and became mainstream, I lost interest in the game. I did enjoy the games I played, but I just didn't play that often. Otherwise I am pretty interested in what it might be like with these new vehicles, the hoverboard, and polished maps by Epic.

Comment

VCTF. It's pretty much the only thing I play even years later. That and race maps on assault.

Comment

Working...
                                X