• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't epic answering it?
    It shouldn't be undetemined

Comment

Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
      tidu: The Mac version won't use DirectX at all, its a Windows only feature. It will be Opengl I guess.
      Yeah I was saying that Dx10 is one of the advantages of buying the PC version

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
        Yeah I was saying that Dx10 is one of the advantages of buying the PC version
        if, and only if you have everything (hardware/software) to go with it.

that being said... we don't know how much of a difference there would be. is it enough to impress a few people? or might it be enough to encourage the majority to finally upgrade past DX9 parts? we don't know.

so saying it's an "advantage" is jumping the gun... but it does have potential.

Comment

tidu: my bad. I misread your first post.

Comment

Just to clear up the whole shadows thing too peeps - As a couple of people have already said, it was an OpenGL issue.. but that was fixed a long time ago. UT04 looks pretty much identical on my PC as it does on my Mac.

Sorry, to bring the subject up again, just wanted to be clear on that point.. because I know that the shadows being missing from UT04 really bugged the hell out of me until it was fixed.

~ elroy

Comment

Working...
            X