Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet some of the best tracks will come from him

Comment

Yes it sounds like a good idea, to be able to have a choice, a hand full of music of each types, without going to extremes, so maybe just ochestrial or rock and that player chooses and these types are played.

I personally like heavy rock, metal like I put in my post (#2) because this is a fast paced game that suits fast paced music, especially CTF and DM but in UT2004 ons was slow that's why it had more relaxed music

Also I think its very important this time round to have a music on off button for game and menu music, for those that have game music off but want to hear the menu music

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
        Finally a good thread, going on here, I cant believe we got 4 pages of mice and keyboards.. some people like to brag..

Dark Tranquillity have an instrumental song called Ex Nihilo that I turned onto ogg and I use it for the UT menu...!!! this is awesome, id like to hear something like this in UT3 tell me what you think I've uploaded it to the net have a listen.
        http://www.mediafire.com/?5gz2mmccbzt

Its so fitting I cant help but think of UT every time I hear it.

I'd love to hear more rock in this game, it is a shooter, it liked the music in UT99 like fiber for coret... I liked that one.
        That didn't make me think of UT.. Quite the opposite, actually.

Plus title music is supposed to SCREAM at you, pull you into the menus. That put way too much distance between me/game.

Cellfactor has some great title music, wouldn't fit UT... but listen to that, that's more of what you need for titles.

Comment

personality a mix of rock, techno and organic

Comment

Originally posted by DefJam101 View Post
            Plus title music is supposed to SCREAM at you, pull you into the menus. That put way too much distance between me/game.
            God no.
            The last thing I need is the musical equivalent of "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!OMGOMG!!!! SRSLY, OMG!!1 ...OMG!" while I'm configuring my ******* keys.

What menus need is cool. The in-game songs don't have to be uptempo either, but they can have a bit more than the menu songs. UT2k3 was definitely the worst menu song in the series... I replaced that with Menu1.ogg REALLY quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X