UT3 music.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 music.

I liked the ambient music in older UTs, especialy the classic and it suited the maps, but I think that Goth Rock/Metal would fit in with some of the gothic maps(something like in UT99), if they will be in UT3.

I know that many people will disagre with me.

Finally a good thread, going on here, I cant believe we got 4 pages of mice and keyboards.. some people like to brag..

Dark Tranquillity have an instrumental song called Ex Nihilo that I turned onto ogg and I use it for the UT menu...!!! this is awesome, id like to hear something like this in UT3 tell me what you think I've uploaded it to the net have a listen.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5gz2mmccbzt

Its so fitting I cant help but think of UT every time I hear it.

I'd love to hear more rock in this game, it is a shooter, it liked the music in UT99 like fiber for coret... I liked that one.

Comment

I think that track would be better if they left out the consonant part of the melody, but it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
        Finally a good thread, going on here.
        This isn't exactly the first thread about this subject though.
        Mostly the people that post in this kind of thread like the UT music better, with some exceptions. Not saying the people that favour UT music are a majority, but if they are a minority, they're most definitely the most vocal one.

Comment

Each Unreal has it's good and bad music. I hope they pick the best style from each.

Comment

I myself preferred the rustic, ambient music form UT99. Very understated but it suited the game well.

I hope they go back to that in UT3, especially with the menu screen music.

Comment

UT1 didn't have a single bad track IMO Well, "Seeker" was my least favorite, but it was still a good track!

Currently UT3 music is pretty much a mystrery, because we haven't heard a single track from game if we don't count KR's E3'06 trailer soundtrack. I hope it will be less movie-like orchestrical and more fast electronical and heavy-metal style tunes.

Comment

I Love Orchestrial battle music. with a huge epic sound to it. but i also like the song bazzwano posted. im thinking. why couldnt we have a choice? ochestrial. or rock? electronica. and stuff like that? i would like that. because depending on your mood. or what gameplay your are playing. you can change it.

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski View Post
                  Each Unreal has it's good and bad music. I hope they pick the best style from each.
                  This is very subjective... good for some, bad for others.

Our luck that there is the F11 key to help everyone to do not hear what is bad to their ears

Comment

I liked the music from UT99 a little betterfor DM/CTF than the ones in UT2k3/4 as it fits the style of the gametypes better.
                    The orchestral, epic music is better for ONS though.

IMHO.

Comment

Wonder if they've commissioned out, eg. dSonic ? Or is it all being done totally in- house.

We care about graphics, but great sound brings the thing to life.

Comment

I think the orchestral music doesn't work at all for DM and CTF. It just sounds silly when you're trying to aim for someone's head or trying to predict where to shoot a rocket or waiting for a shockrifle to respawn when the music seems to be written for Jesus Christ and the devil squaring off for a final battle of good and evil. It doesn't fit.
                        DM and CTF need smooth operator type music or this-is-so-bad-*** type music, not dramatic final-battle-scene-in-a-movie type music.

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                        Wonder if they've commissioned out, eg. dSonic ? Or is it all being done totally in- house.
                        As far as I know the music for UT2004 was done part in-house (the songs provided by DE) and part on contract basis (the songs by Kevin Riepl).
                        I figure UT3 will be something like that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                          As far as I know the music for UT2004 was done part in-house (the songs provided by DE) and part on contract basis (the songs by Kevin Riepl).
                          I figure UT3 will be something like that as well.
                          Sounds likely. According to Kevin Riepl's official website, he is doing music for UT3 also.

Comment

kevin riepl and jesper kyd are doing the music for ut3. i have high hopes for what jesper kyd gonna deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by GuntiNDDS View Post
                              kevin riepl and jesper kyd are doing the music for ut3. i have high hopes for what jesper kyd gonna deliver.
                              Don't forget that Alexander Brandon who did a lot of the Music for the original UT will supply music for UT3 too .

Comment

Working...
                              X