No announcement yet.

Kb/M or SixAxis (for PS3 users)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it really matter what percentage it is? I actually cannot believe you guys are argueing over such a petty thing.

As for me, I'll be playing with KB/M. It just wouldn't be UT without them. Although obviously I'll give the sixaxis a go and see how it pans out but my liking for 'gamepad + FPS' is strained at best. It's so much harder to get that oh so satisfying HEADSHOT.

Comment

Although I am mostly a PC gamer, I hang out at the local gameshop with my friends. All of them with a PS3 have pretty much unanimously decided to go KB+M.

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        Actuall its mostly the ps3 fans that want it, and mostly the pc people that dont.
        I wonder what you derived this statement from, since I am a PC gamer, and am not and never will be a PS3 gamer. Yet I heavily support it, because it will be good for the community.

Comment

I'm not playing it on the PS3, but I am interested in how the hoverboard will work with a 6-axis controller.

Comment

I'd like the option to be there for cross-platform play but off by default and not supported on any official server.

It'd just be cool to get on the same server as console buddies every once in a while.

I think keyboard/mouse PS3 users ought to be able to play on PC servers with PC gamespeed settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Raad11 View Post
              I'd like the option to be there for cross-platform play but off by default and not supported on any official server.

It'd just be cool to get on the same server as console buddies every once in a while.

I think keyboard/mouse PS3 users ought to be able to play on PC servers with PC gamespeed settings.
              ----> THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT CROSS PLATFORM <----

Comment

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
                ----> THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT CROSS PLATFORM <----
                Yeah I don't know what's happened here but this thread was never about cross platform. I'm just trying to see how many PS3 gamers are actually going to take advantage of the KB/M support. I'm kind of surprised by the results. I know KB/M is superior to a controller but I though a lot of console gamers would stick with what they're used to.

Comment

Originally posted by NutJobJim View Post
                  Yeah I don't know what's happened here but this thread was never about cross platform. I'm just trying to see how many PS3 gamers are actually going to take advantage of the KB/M support. I'm kind of surprised by the results. I know KB/M is superior to a controller but I though a lot of console gamers would stick with what they're used to.
                  Well that's because K/M is better, and many of us have played most fps in PC, so we want to play with k/m, we wont ever say that a pad could have more accuracy than the mouse, when that is certainlu impossible, atleast that's me, no pads can have accuracy 1600 dpi mouse has, it doesn't mather if it's the 360 pad or vibrasix (soon), it is like a racing wheel for racing games.

Comment

ill be useing both i'm just about to buy a logitech G5 to use with the ps3

Comment

Originally posted by Raad11 View Post

I definitely agree with this statement!!

kb+mouse for the win

Comment

Many people are familar with the thumbsticks on most consoles for playing FPS.

Though Hope i am not spreading incorrect information here i believe there may be a third option for players on the sixaxis.
                        Motion tracking will allow tilt or point look capability which should allow similar speed and accuracy to a mouse. Both these input methods are limited by the speed at which one can move their arms or hand AND>>.
                        Maximum tracking speed of the mouse which can vary considerably from brand to brand OR on sixaxis the maximum accelleration of about 3G before the accellerometer's max out.
                        If Epic implement motion sensing point aim and look as well as i hope. The mouse -keyboard users will have some serious competition from the motion sensing sixaxis users.
                        I am myself a traditional mouse+keyboard player though I am rather boored with every FPS game using the same input method.
                        I will be converting to using motion tracking if it becomes available otherwise i wont be playing.

Comment

Working...
                        X