A BETTER Translocater idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A BETTER Translocater idea

I've got a better idea for the translocater.

How about this, you can pick up somebody elses TL and then redeploy it and it wont kill them they'll just TL to the new location.

You could have lots of fun by redeploying their TL's next to your own sentinals, down cliffs and all sorts.

If they try to TL why their TL is in your possesion then it would kill them.

It's would be just another little touch, I love little things like theese they really polish an already good game.

Meh. That said, I don't much care for the xloc anyway.

Comment

How would you know which translocator you're throwing? This would quickly make things convoluted.
      I think being able to just destroy a dish is plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
        How would you know which translocator you're throwing? This would quickly make things convoluted.
        I think being able to just destroy a dish is plenty.
        Because an icon would appear on the screen to say you have an enemies TL, the next time you throw it will be there TL that gets chucked.

Comment

Meh...

It's already destroyable, and yes you can punt it off a cliff with the impact hammer too. This is a bad idea.

Comment

My idea of a key combination launching the T/L disk as an ripper blade was more funny

Comment

I like the idea. I mean, if you really want to play a prank on them, you just put their TL in a place that doesn't kill them but makes them confused about where they are. if they think they've tl'd to a spot in your base but it's an identical one in theirs, that could be humorous. Ideas like this add to the randomness that can occur in the game. Selecting the TL could be a simple matter of a simultaneous LR click, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                I like the idea. I mean, if you really want to play a prank on them, you just put their TL in a place that doesn't kill them but makes them confused about where they are. if they think they've tl'd to a spot in your base but it's an identical one in theirs, that could be humorous. Ideas like this add to the randomness that can occur in the game. Selecting the TL could be a simple matter of a simultaneous LR click, etc.
                But someone using the T/L camera could see it being carried and do the teleport, making a telefrag (I suppose that they're close enough to that)... or switch to a flak, since the one carrying the T/L wouldn't use any gun (like a BR ball carrier).

Comment

Lots of people don't even know how to use the xloc camera, so adding more functionality probably won't work out well. It might have novelty value, but in real gameplay I would just damage the enemy disk and be on my way, to do something of value.

Comment

Bad idea. Since the translocater is still working fine, they could just left click and have the translocater back in their hands.

Comment

Well, don't have a tunnel vision here, you could still let them be killed if they want it back with left click
                      I kinda like the idea but I agree with SleightOfHand to be more interested in doing something of real value during that time. If you can collect it you should be able to throw it very far like the grenades in UT2004 atm - this would add some more sense to that feature since it would also not waste that much of time to get it to a better position.

Comment

This is something that would be a fun mutator for about fifteen minutes. I'd hate to see it in the game.

Comment

sounds like fun, but a color beacon is all you need anyways, not some annoying message.

Comment

the best translocator idea is not having one :x

Comment

At least make it so you can hammer launch them.

Comment

Working...
                              X