Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From your perspective would this run UT3?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    From your perspective would this run UT3?

    AMD 64 Fx-51
    1gig ram
    Radeon 1600x Pro

    just want a general opinions from people that might have more insight into this, thanks.

    #2
    I would think it would. I heard the graphics are going to be really scalable.

    Comment


      #3
      your gpu is really bottlenecking the cpu
      get a new one and maybe add another gb of ram and you will be able to run it in medium-high settings imo

      Comment


        #4
        Get more RAM first and see how it plays. But yeah to see it in all it's glory you'll need a high end video card.

        Comment


          #5
          If you invest ~150€ for a new graphics card (x1900xt/x1950xt/7900gt, all bulk ofc) you will vastly improve the performance of your pc. Even investing 100€ to buy a x850xt should result in a nice performance leap. With your current setup investing in extra RAM makes _no_ sense!

          also check out the charts on Tomshardware: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphi...=722&chart=300 to get an idea of your current graphics card performance compared to other cards (make sure to look at the charts that fit the resolution you use or are planning to use in the near future)

          Comment


            #6
            What about this then?

            AMD athlon XP2700+
            2.16GHz
            1Gb RAM
            ATi Radeon 9550/x1050.

            :P Definatley not. or maybe. ultra ultra low settings.

            Comment


              #7
              I wonder if my imac 20" 2ghz with 1.5gb ram will run this (it have windows XP on it).

              I have a better spec PC but I can't be bothered with it anymore.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Aaron.:LLS:. View Post
                What about this then?

                AMD athlon XP2700+
                2.16GHz
                1Gb RAM
                ATi Radeon 9550/x1050.

                :P Definatley not. or maybe. ultra ultra low settings.
                Hmm, the CPU maybe is too slow for the game. In this case you don't have a chance to play it fluently, even if you reduce lots of details. I expect the video card to run in shader 2.0 mode at low settings. But, I'm not Epic, so I can't really tell you the specs.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by CheesePlant View Post
                  I wonder if my imac 20" 2ghz with 1.5gb ram will run this (it have windows XP on it).

                  I have a better spec PC but I can't be bothered with it anymore.
                  Yeah i recently ordered a 2.2ghz MacBook Pro (my first mac!) and I'm hoping that it'll be decent with UT3... Anyone have any tips or advice?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Der_Korken View Post
                    Hmm, the CPU maybe is too slow for the game. In this case you don't have a chance to play it fluently, even if you reduce lots of details. I expect the video card to run in shader 2.0 mode at low settings. But, I'm not Epic, so I can't really tell you the specs.
                    Well i can run UT2004 fine on ultra high settings. everything works in 2.0 mode anyway. 2.16 is equivilent to 2.2 which is ok. its just my graphics card letting me down.

                    also, my graphics card is a catalyst. with 256mb on board

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X