Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any information on the height standard of characters, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any information on the height standard of characters, etc?

So, just to make sure nothing is made out of scale with players, what are the heights/width of the players (and ducking height)? How many UnrealEd units, etc? Thanks.

Nothing is made out of scale?
    What are you talking about?
    If you're developing a map ahead of time you'll run into problems with movement anyway. If all you care about is realistic scale, you can scale all your stuff up or down at any time anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
      Nothing is made out of scale?
      What are you talking about?
      If you're developing a map ahead of time you'll run into problems with movement anyway. If all you care about is realistic scale, you can scale all your stuff up or down at any time anyway.
      Sorry, but have you tried scaling a whole map up or down anytime yourself?
      I agree that developing maps ahead of time is a bit foolish, as it's a reworked engine and all. But still...

Comment

It's not for a UT3 map, but for a mod for UT3 (or Gears, if the PC user-base is large enough).

How the characters jump, etc. in UT3 isn't applicable here, as walk cycles are going to be different.

Comment

If it's a mod, the player scale is up to you as well, right?

Originally posted by Yurimasa View Post
          Sorry, but have you tried scaling a whole map up or down anytime yourself?
          Yes. Of course, you shouldn't try to do this in the editor with a finished map, but seeing as the editor isn't out yet, I'm assuming Spoudazo is developing his work in a 3rd party 3d modeling package, and in there scaling an entire scene up or down doesn't give any trouble.

Comment

I thought that the player scale is hard coded into the game?

Comment

Nope. The size of the collision cylinder is a property of the player pawn class. That's why stuff like the Pint-Size combo can work.

Comment

Working...
              X