Surf maps for the hoverboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    CS and CSS has surfmaps---you spiral down to your death while trying to kill has many people as possible before you die. its pritty fun but gets old

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trials need to be gone!!! Halo, or Quake, or HL can have it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic should make a gametype called Trials, Race, Stuff or **** and not make any maps for it. Just like they did for vCTF in '04.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. 10 bucks says ONS-Tricky gets remade within the first month.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Emmet Otter View Post
    I knew this was going to happen
    It is not our fault that the racemap lovers unfortunately are not amongst the 50% of players that never went online.

So we go online too to demonstrate for clean food without pesticides... ...errr clean games without racemaps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DefJam101 View Post
    Luck has a lot to do with it, your car might lag off a cliff or go spiraling forward for no reason. Whatever the cause, the entire result of a race map depends on the first 2 minutes, because after the defense gets defensive benders set up, it's game over.

That being said, non-bender racemaps were very fun and enjoyable. Too bad almost every racemap has, you guessed it, benders.
    I have a lot of experience playing race maps, and I know that "your car lagging off a cliff" or "spiraling forward for no reason" only occurs when the server is overloaded or your ping is too high or you have packetloss. Play on proper servers within your ping range and make sure your connection is not being compromised by dl's or a shared LAN.

The other part of the equation is that people aren't as experienced at vehicles like the bender as they think they are when they go from ONS to AS racemaps. Hellbender races develop bender skills more than ONS does because you have to learn to really control your vehicle over narrow or difficult terrain, steep slopes, etc often at high speeds. BTW when your bender "spirals forward for no reason" that is, as I said due to lag but not just that, you were probably actually hit by an enemy's twin beams. When lag occurs shots may not be visible. It is possible your netspeed is also too low to process all the events that are happening on the server so the shot appears invisible.

Try this in a large DM game: type netspeed 3000 in your console - now try playing without seeing all kinds of invisible shots and skipping, heh it's exactly the same thing.

As far as defensive benders, to be honest I've rarely had a problem dealing with them no matter what their strategy is. It takes a very lopsided team roster for it to become frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I knew this was going to happen

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd love to see a "surfing" mod with some custom maps later on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hope it will be as separate 3rd party gametype. Trials / Race maps for AS is what killed that gametype.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bersy View Post
    Luck has as much/little to do with racemaps as any other gametype.

Their main flaw is that they are often so poorly designed that they can easily be exploited.
    Luck has a lot to do with it, your car might lag off a cliff or go spiraling forward for no reason. Whatever the cause, the entire result of a race map depends on the first 2 minutes, because after the defense gets defensive benders set up, it's game over.

That being said, non-bender racemaps were very fun and enjoyable. Too bad almost every racemap has, you guessed it, benders.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They were meant to be exploited, like one of the first race maps wih the secret deemer room.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Luck has as much/little to do with racemaps as any other gametype.

Their main flaw is that they are often so poorly designed that they can easily be exploited.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
    Trials and RPGs *puke*................

Race maps werent very beutifull visualy, but were uite fun actually, especialy with Hellbenders.

Yeah, if you were on the winning team, AKA the team that got lucky in the first 2 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trials and RPGs *puke*................

Race maps werent very beutifull visualy, but were uite fun actually, especialy with Hellbenders.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Aye, bit odd how everyone says trials ruined Assault...

No they didn't, race map campfests did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X