Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by incubuspawn View Post
    Don't tell me to find another game, I am an unreal fan and I am allowed to be unhappy with some of the content produced in 2k3 and 2k4 :P
    We are told that us unreal 99 fans are not forgotten in ut3,,, and I plan to see it thorugh thank you very much. I will not give up on Unreal untill it is clear that the Magic of Unreal 1 and UT 99 is truly gone forever.
    Most original UT1 fans such as myself don't mind having something such as wall dodges, just as long as they stay pretty grounded.
    The only thing I don't care to see in UT3 is dodge jumping and double jumping, but wall dodging and dodging are just fine, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want those.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jonny View Post
    No thanks, please dont corrupt ut3 with cartoony content - just play Mario on whatever its on already...there is no need to make a mod like this.
    Hey, what somebody wants to make on their own time is their business.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not to mention the dodgejump and it's distance were indeed a big factor in what made UT2k4 look so corny.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    The movement on UT2k3/4 wasn't what made it cartoony/mario like, it was mostly the characters appearances(Mr.Crow anyone?).

And as for not wanting to see wall dodges and double jumps in another shooter again.... I'm sorry to already disappoint you but your wish has become untrue.
    Wall dodges and double jumps are already in UT3.

If you wish to not be disappointed by such bouncy speedy movement I suggest you find yourself another shooter game.
    Don't tell me to find another game, I am an unreal fan and I am allowed to be unhappy with some of the content produced in 2k3 and 2k4 :P
    We are told that us unreal 99 fans are not forgotten in ut3,,, and I plan to see it thorugh thank you very much. I will not give up on Unreal untill it is clear that the Magic of Unreal 1 and UT 99 is truly gone forever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha, I had that game for the Amiga. It was great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This reminds me of The Great Giana Sisters It was a platformer on The Commodore 64, that played very much like SMB on the NES. So much in fact, that Nintendo of Europe sued Rainbow Arts (Publisher of GGS), and won after the company refused to Cease, and Desist. After that some crafty modders replaced the Giana Sister sprites with the sprites from the official arcade port of Mario Bros, and it ended up on a great many Public Domain catalog.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I started work on an Assault map called AS-Mario that was based off of the first level in the original Super Mario Brothers. Basically it was a series of cliffs and you had to jump from one to the next, and fight past the defenders to reach the end. I gave up eventually but I think it would have been fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stephen_wq View Post
    not sure what legal troubles you'll get into though
    Like I said, a cease and desist order. The mod will be shut down before you can release it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want to, go ahead, you'll have a few fans and i might even download it, not sure what legal troubles you'll get into though
    Planning as a total TC or just a few maps/characters?

Though it will never beat super mario galaxy for the wii of course - im so getting that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jonny View Post
    No thanks, please dont corrupt ut3 with cartoony content - just play Mario on whatever its on already...there is no need to make a mod like this.
    I just thought of it I never said I was going to definitely make it. And if you don't like it don't ****ing download it. How difficult is that. Corrupt UT3? Wow.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was refering to the double jumps and fancy wall jumps. Something I do not want to see in a shooter ever again.... but I am sure I will be disapointed.
    The movement on UT2k3/4 wasn't what made it cartoony/mario like, it was mostly the characters appearances(Mr.Crow anyone?).

And as for not wanting to see wall dodges and double jumps in another shooter again.... I'm sorry to already disappoint you but your wish has become untrue.
    Wall dodges and double jumps are already in UT3.

If you wish to not be disappointed by such bouncy speedy movement I suggest you find yourself another shooter game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The moustaches man, the moustaches!
    I wonder what the moustaches would look like when they are driping down the screen with the rest of marios organs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Darth Axel 007 View Post
    They were just maps, which a lot looked rushed, for 2kx.
    I was refering to the double jumps and fancy wall jumps. Something I do not want to see in a shooter ever again.... but I am sure I will be disapointed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL we have enough of super mario implemented in 2k3 and 2k4. DO we really need more?
    They were just maps, which a lot looked rushed, for 2kx.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X