Super Mario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario

I'm thinking about recreating Super Mario 64 as a mod for UT3. It would be cool to see a HD Mario taking advantage of the unreal engine 3.

But what happens if a PS3 user downloads it? Wouldn't they be playing Super Mario 64 on PS3....

I have a question, is it legal? For Nintendo and it being played on a PS3. Can someone tell me?

A mod like that is cease and desist bait.
    The fact that it'd be playable on the PS3 would be the least of your worries.
    I suggest you forget about this idea lest you spend a lot of time on something you won't be able to continue with.

Comment

I know I just thought it would be funny to play on the PS3.

Comment

LOL we have enough of super mario implemented in 2k3 and 2k4. DO we really need more?

Comment

The moustaches man, the moustaches!

Comment

Originally posted by incubuspawn View Post
            LOL we have enough of super mario implemented in 2k3 and 2k4. DO we really need more?
            They were just maps, which a lot looked rushed, for 2kx.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Axel 007 View Post
              They were just maps, which a lot looked rushed, for 2kx.
              I was refering to the double jumps and fancy wall jumps. Something I do not want to see in a shooter ever again.... but I am sure I will be disapointed.

Comment

The moustaches man, the moustaches!
                I wonder what the moustaches would look like when they are driping down the screen with the rest of marios organs

Comment

Originally posted by incubuspawn View Post
                  I was refering to the double jumps and fancy wall jumps. Something I do not want to see in a shooter ever again.... but I am sure I will be disapointed.
                  The movement on UT2k3/4 wasn't what made it cartoony/mario like, it was mostly the characters appearances(Mr.Crow anyone?).

And as for not wanting to see wall dodges and double jumps in another shooter again.... I'm sorry to already disappoint you but your wish has become untrue.
                  Wall dodges and double jumps are already in UT3.

If you wish to not be disappointed by such bouncy speedy movement I suggest you find yourself another shooter game.

Comment

No thanks, please dont corrupt ut3 with cartoony content - just play Mario on whatever its on already...there is no need to make a mod like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                      No thanks, please dont corrupt ut3 with cartoony content - just play Mario on whatever its on already...there is no need to make a mod like this.
                      I just thought of it I never said I was going to definitely make it. And if you don't like it don't ****ing download it. How difficult is that. Corrupt UT3? Wow.

Comment

If you want to, go ahead, you'll have a few fans and i might even download it, not sure what legal troubles you'll get into though
                        Planning as a total TC or just a few maps/characters?

Though it will never beat super mario galaxy for the wii of course - im so getting that.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_wq View Post
                          not sure what legal troubles you'll get into though
                          Like I said, a cease and desist order. The mod will be shut down before you can release it.

Comment

I started work on an Assault map called AS-Mario that was based off of the first level in the original Super Mario Brothers. Basically it was a series of cliffs and you had to jump from one to the next, and fight past the defenders to reach the end. I gave up eventually but I think it would have been fun.

Comment

This reminds me of The Great Giana Sisters It was a platformer on The Commodore 64, that played very much like SMB on the NES. So much in fact, that Nintendo of Europe sued Rainbow Arts (Publisher of GGS), and won after the company refused to Cease, and Desist. After that some crafty modders replaced the Giana Sister sprites with the sprites from the official arcade port of Mario Bros, and it ended up on a great many Public Domain catalog.

Comment

Working...
                              X