Two New Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If they can include anything that is actually useful or fitting, why not. But I'd be satisfied with a slideshow with images of the map that's being loaded.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THe map idea would be awesome if the map was just an overview map like in UT2(k4) when you bring up the large in onslaught

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aaron.:LLS:. View Post
    Why Not a recorded Scene going through the map. no players nothing. just showing you the map. i would like that
    Dude, an FMV of a map would probably be bigger than the map and all it's textures combined.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AleGenoa View Post
    I don't see a practical way to put a blueprint in the screen.
    Map makers make one or more images that are downloaded first, and shown in slideshow fashion while the rest is downloadind/loading.

Seems easy enough to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got a better idea.

How about this, you can pick up their TL and then redeploy it and it wont kill them they'll just transport to the new location.

You could have lots of fun by redeploying them next to your own sentinals, down cliffs and all sorts. If they try and TL while the TL is in your posession then they die.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i've never played Team Arena o.O lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aaron.:LLS:. View Post
    Why Not a recorded Scene going through the map. no players nothing. just showing you the map. i would like that
    You mean like in Quake 3 Team Arena?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    since the map plays before it's finished loading (textures still load when you fist play the map), I don't think the loading times will be that long

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What about adding chat in the loading screen (with picture of the map, tips and maybe more info like AleGenoa said). The chat in loading screen was used in World in Conflict and it was cool imho. Loading of maps will be very long in UT3 so why dont make it nicer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DefJam101 View Post
    Sides-views I assume. Then again most houses don't have portalbe nuclear weapons and teleporters in them.

....Well, at least yours doesn't.
    they use multiple blueprints... one for each floor.

perhaps, they should make an interactive wireframe blueprint of the map (a REALLY simple version). or a super dumb down version of the map in color... no details... basic colors.... boulders and odd shape rocks become simple spheres, etc.

all you can do is rotate, pan and zoom.

to hal, the first time you load a stage it takes more than a few seconds... that's more than enough time to do a quick scan. after that, if you play the same map (immediately), it doesn't need to reload it. it's only when the map rotates to a different map, that it'll need to load.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Load time was pretty minimal when I played it, so I doubt there'll be much time for anything. We just played one map over and over, so I'm not 100% sure it will work the same way, but once the scoreboard popped up at the end of the match, it was just a matter of seconds before the map was reset and in complete view again. You just weren't able to move as other players loaded in (though you could chat). Streaming technology and all...

Originally posted by thirteen View Post
    How do they make blueprints for houses with several floors?
    Hehe... there are dozens of pages for that kind of structure. Each shows a single floor or a detailed element or schematic of the structure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    Better to have a screenshot of the map in there.
    Jailbreak did it and it was better than the original 2k4 loading screen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AleGenoa View Post
    I don't see a practical way to put a blueprint in the screen.
    Er, like someone already said Quake3 did this. (at least for the "pro" maps)
    I think wireframe blueprints are ugly though. Better to have a screenshot of the map in there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As I already said in other threads, the loading screen can be used to give lots of info, like server settings, what mods are in (and what they do); I don't see a practical way to put a blueprint in the screen.
    A nice addition would be also the chance to browse personal game stats (last game, all time...) while you wait, instead of needing to connect with a browser after you played.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X