Two New Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two New Ideas

I just had to new ideas for UT3. One would be to replace the loading screen for maps. Instead of just having the words loading and the map name I think it would be cool to have a blueprint of the map on the screen. My second idea is about the translocators. You should be able to pick up an enemy's translocator and when they translocate they will be telefragged. This will promote translocator safety. Remember kids translocator safety is the key to a healthy body.

The way it has worked til now is that you can shoot the TL and when they attempt to TL they die. So that sounds like a cosmetic difference to me.

A blueprint of maps could be cool but sounds like a pain to execute, given the geographical complexity of some maps it would have to be several screens, so how would it be done in a way that would not be confusing looking... a 3d wireframe flythrough might make more sense.. but I don't know.. I do agree that it is time there is something more than just a load screen.. I think that chat lobbies might be the solution.

Comment

As for the translocator, the shooting of them is still implemented in UT3 durring a 1up interview with mark rein on gametrailers.com

As for the blueprint, yeah... not a BP as such, but like a topdown view of the map, but like battlefield 2 do im thinking what the original poster is talking about so you know the layout of the map.

Its a good idea, but for me, personally, i like supprise, i like loading up a new map not knowing what the hell is in it untill i spawn and start roaming around...

Comment

UT maps are much more complex than BF2, is my point. It's not just a bunch of terrain, it is often multiple levels and ramps, portals to areas that aren't even in the main world area, etc.

Comment

How do they make blueprints for houses with several floors?

Comment

Chat lobbies would be great, and I think if it is in any way possible a nicer graphical loading screen would be great, kinda like what you said with the 3d wireframe fly through.

But to each is their own.

Comment

Originally posted by thirteen View Post
              How do they make blueprints for houses with several floors?
              Sides-views I assume. Then again most houses don't have portalbe nuclear weapons and teleporters in them.

....Well, at least yours doesn't.

Comment

I agree with the enhanced loading screen thing - there should at the very least be a picture of the map you're loading and a progress bar (although a blueprint would be even better, but less feasible).

I don't agree at all with your translocator idea.

Comment

I wonder if the under utilized but kind of cool camera will still be in the translocator.

Comment

blueprints for maps were used in Quake 3, and believe me, it gets boring after you learn the map.

Comment

I'd prefer blue screen from Unreal 1 or black from UT. Seeing same pictures is boredom after some time.

Comment

Originally posted by ne_skaju View Post
                        I'd prefer blue screen from Unreal 1 or black from UT. Seeing same pictures is boredom after some time.
                        What's Blue screen/black screen?

Comment

Originally posted by durtytarget View Post
                          What's Blue screen/black screen?
                          While loading a map the screen in UT99 would be black with in white text on centerscreen the servername/ip you are connecting to while playing online...

But you can say the same for that as for the current loading screens. It does get boring after a while ...

Comment

As I already said in other threads, the loading screen can be used to give lots of info, like server settings, what mods are in (and what they do); I don't see a practical way to put a blueprint in the screen.
                            A nice addition would be also the chance to browse personal game stats (last game, all time...) while you wait, instead of needing to connect with a browser after you played.

Comment

Originally posted by AleGenoa View Post
                              I don't see a practical way to put a blueprint in the screen.
                              Er, like someone already said Quake3 did this. (at least for the "pro" maps)
                              I think wireframe blueprints are ugly though. Better to have a screenshot of the map in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X