No announcement yet.

Small Inklings On System Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically this is what I've figured out so far...

Someone who has demoed it with 3GB of RAM and a quad told me that it barely ran... but they were using like a Nvidia 6x00 or something. That said, having a decent CPU is a benefit, but it is still equally graphics oriented. The fact that it ran (albeit poorly) on a 6000 series card is impressive.

That said, a higher 2.x Ghz dual core chip with a couple gigs of RAM and a good (7900, x1900) vid card should run well. The quad core shouldn't help much as previously mentioned, but people that have already bought a $300 to $500+ vid card should be sitting fine.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOUND ON FREAKY GAMING (see also excerpts below.)

P.S. Shout out to TTBrundle. Long time no see (Cain's Lair a couple of years ago it seems. LOL)

==================================================
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Epic on hardware requirements 2007-05-29:
    Generally speaking, the game runs quite smooth with DX9 hardware released by NVidia and Ati since 2006. On high-end cards, including the DX10 models, UT3 runs incredibly smooth already. Additionally, we also support shader 2.0 graphics hardware, with only a few technical limitations.

It will be intresting to see benchmarks from UT3, to see how much processing power the Unreal Eninge 3.0 will require from our CPU's and graphic cards.

Preliminary UT3 System Requirements
    Minimum Requirements
    CPU: 2.8Ghz
    RAM: 512MB
    Graphics: Geforce 6 series

Recommended System
    CPU: 3-4Ghz
    RAM: 1024MB
    Graphics: NVIDIA 6800GT/Ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI

UT3 Technical features and requirements
    * Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance
    * 64-bit version to be available with better textures
    * Renderers: SM3.0, 2.0, possible DX8 renderer
    * HDR supported
    * Physics: Novodex Physics Engine
    * AGEIA PhysX PPU supported.

Keep in mind that these are not official requirements from Epic, nor final. What we know is that the game will take advantage of technologies such as dual core processors, AGEIA compatible Physics chips and Shader Model 3.0.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

thx for the info, tho i think thats an old article, i think its probably close to accuracy

Comment

I remember when we saw/heard of UT3 for the first time a few years ago, the best 3dcard was the Geforce 6800Ultra and Radeon X850XT. They were both very expensive so people were going all crazy for nothing but as Mark Rein said, by the time UT3 is out, those cards will be incredibly cheap and we will have on the market, video cards 3x more powerful than those 2 old **** so there is nothing to worry about.

Hell, you can now get a Radeon X1950XT 256MB for as cheap as 208$CAN (186$ if OpenBox) and I even saw a special sale in limited quantity of a Geforce 8800GTS 320MB at only ~250$CAN!!!

The RAM also went ridiculously cheap since about 3 months. It used to be 1GB for 100$ but now you can get 2x1GB of very good DDR2-800 for only 100$.

Processor are also very cheap now. AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ for as low as 180$ or else take a cheaper one and overclock it at the rate of a 6000+ like I did at Christmas 2006.

Comment

Plus with the 9000 series coming out soon, 8000 series prices are going to be plummeting =D

Same with Intel Core2Duo stuff, a lot of that is going to be coming down in price soon so January/February '08 looks like the time to upgrade! I've already got an 8800 so all I need to do is get a nice CPU to go with it. The X2 4600+ just doesn't cut it compared to the Intels.

Comment

YES! My GeForce FX 5200 will run this! I was worried. I thought it would bring me down, but now I know all my parts are powerful enough.

1.09 ghz AMDxp processor
            GeForce FX 5200
            1 gb ddr ram

Hooray!

Comment

LOL NICE!!!................ nothing better than 2 look at the ut3 case

Comment

ROFL, watch, whenever UT3 comes out, you'd prolly need a nuclear powered pc. hahahaha

Comment

I been working my but off for $ so i can buy a great comp lol, ima buy it on november or october if god permits. Ima spend up to 3,600 of the computer......... has 2 be laptop cus i dont got space for a freaking desktop on my house. Can u tell me if ill be able 2 run ut3 on the very highest with this...

Dual 512MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7950 GTX - SLI Enabled
                  Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 2.0GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
                  2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz - 2 x 1024MB

Comment

Im actually pretty sure ill be able to run it smoothly on my Athlon XP 3000+ and 6800GT, lets see just how ugly i can make it look. =]

Comment

Originally posted by mossa View Post
                      Just built new comp...

£1200 worth
                      Intel Chip 2.66 dual core, BFG 8800, raptor HD which I need to raid ...more speed on seek...

Still kept my G5 mouse, and N52, old ms keyboard

So all in all should be fine for UT3... but then again my old system would have been ok... but the new one is just pure grunt...

Anyone know if UT3 will run on 64bit?
                      Since UT2004 has 64 bit versions for both LINUX and XP it's more than likely they will also have it for UT3. After all, why go backwards? Anyway, only 64 bit dual and quad cores are now in production. No more 32 bit or single core chips will be produced. Eventually, there will be no more 32 bit versions of anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X