Question to Epic about UE3 plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to Epic about UE3 plugins

I know that UT3 will, most likely, come with a wide range of plugins for various 3d applications but here's a question to (preferably) someone from Epic:
    Will those plugins still work with some older versions of Maya, Max and XSI? (I'm mainly interested in plugin for Maya 6.5). I assume the development process of the graphic assets for UE3 games had started a long time ago, so I hope there are older plugins that can be used by modders who can't afford an upgrade to maya 8 or something like that.

I'm not confirming anything here and i'm not epic, but I did read awhile back that the editor may support it's own mesh/texturing editor. So I guess there will be no need for third party apps or plugins. Unless Epic care to elaberate.

Comment

I doubt Epic would make a fully functional modelling software and then give it away for free along with UEd. So I would still like to hear from someone that can confirm which versions of 3rd party apps are supported.

Comment

ok heres the deal, you can still use the same old ways to inport models. PSK MEsh files exported from maya using actor x

As for textures much like maya you build materials instead of just laying textures on objects as it. You gota build them into there own thing. Takes a bit more time but you get the freedom to set a lot of the light options and there detail

Comment

Working...
        X