I love the Link Gun's new secondary fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It serves its purpose, albeit a bit bent in appearance.

Read the quote from Crotale, engineers at Axon aren't just making this up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IIRC the primary fire was more powerful per second, but the downside is the spaces in between each pulse, whereas the secondary link was pretty solid. So it's easier to "paint" your foes to death, although not quite as fast as the burst damage of the primary.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bent beam or not, i will still enjoy the demo.!

I have another opinion though, not to steal the thunder,

is the primary fire more powerful than the secondary? I think it should be because of the fact that the secondary is a beam, if the crosshair is on someone and you click the fire then it hits them if they are close enough. Since there hasn't previously been any splash damage on the primary fire and it is a bullet weapon it should do just a LITTLE TINY BIT more damage LIKE ONLY 5 or 6 more damage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bravo! Well done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This just in, straight from the Axon Weapons Manufacturing website:

The curved secondary function beam seen on the Generation III Link Gun is due to the enhanced properties of the plasma ammunition solution used to fire the weapon. Axon engineers tweaked the output power to the point of best effective gradience, thus causing the beam to bend at or near the dissipation point or the striking of a target surface.

One Axon engineer was quoted as saying, "Those whiny little bastids who don't like the bent beam can go back to their wimpy little Gen II Links and see how they like getting their butts handed to them by a Gen III user. Hah!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
    How do you figure? For me it tells me where the beam stops.
    It stops at the front of the beam. And the curve does show you IN WHAT WAY how far it goes? Even if it did 4 bends and looked like a multiple S, it still ends at the crosshair.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the new beam. Not too beautiful, but technically it does the service.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    agree with vendetta i can never tell how far the beem is in UT2(k4) so i usually only use it when some one is really close or just to heal when i play onslaught. but linking people is till my favorite animation(people turning to bones and disappearing) so i would like to use it more

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    The curve does absolutely nothing for depth perception.
    Agreed, in UT99 it was straight, but I knew when I did and did not hit my oponent. Theres stuff like blood, yes blood coming out of the enemy, when he/she is hit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    How do you figure? For me it tells me where the beam stops.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    Or at least make it a clientside option for those that can handle this hard task to shoot somebody or something with a straight beam that has limited length.
    Unfortunately it isn't that easy to do as other clientside options like samll weapons or classic weapon models since the beam is replicated.

it would apply the arc to both your link gun and to any link guns you see wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    I'm against the curved beam, too, since it's apparently really curvy. If it were largely straight as in previous versions I'd be cool with it. Here's hoping they straighten it up some.
    Or at least make it a clientside option for those that can handle this hard task to shoot somebody or something with a straight beam that has limited length.
    Unfortunately it isn't that easy to do as other clientside options like samll weapons or classic weapon models since the beam is replicated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm against the curved beam, too, since it's apparently really curvy. If it were largely straight as in previous versions I'd be cool with it. Here's hoping they straighten it up some.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
    How about we post our dislikes about it when we actually play the demo, instead of basing our hate on a user made video?
    You mean, so that we get another Torlan?
    No thanks, I prefer it fixed this time.

EDIT:
    Where are all the immersion lovers when you need them to get rid of a curved beam?????

It got in the way when aiming.... ....sometimes I think bringing out a game like The Sims wasn't that bad after all, keeps people entertained who aren't made for FPS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X