I love the Link Gun's new secondary fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Link Gun's new secondary fire

In UT99 and UT2004 I always had a little trouble aiming because the beam gets in the way. This is just me talking, I don't know about everyone else.

I always wished for some kind solution to this and I think the curve in the beam will do just that.

Thanks Epic

There's already a thread on this: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=574659&page=6

Comment

Originally posted by Kold_ View Post
      That thread is closed HEH

Comment

Cool, I didn't notice that. I guess the topic has been discussed to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
          That thread is closed HEH
          It doesn't surprise me at all. That happened because most of people were playing the "I-know-more-than-Epic" game instead of suggest a solution or ask for it to Epic.
          Almost everybody were complaining (with me included) of the bent beam because it makes look the weapon broken, weird or simply ugly. So... if the problem is merely aesthetic, why complicate the whole thing with gameplay solutions, even criticize Epic's ideas?
          I think UT3 promises to be a fabulous game... I believe Epic has worked very hard to improve it and giving us the best UT game ever.
          If we left our egos aside for a while, perhaps our discussion was more concrete and it would make those 12 pages worth.
          Only that way we could give our 50 cent to take the game closer to perfection, that what all really want here, I think.

Comment

How about we post our dislikes about it when we actually play the demo, instead of basing our hate on a user made video?

Comment

How about we post our dislikes about it when we actually play the demo, instead of basing our hate on a user made video?
              It would be wise... I hope we are humble enough with our complaints for that time

Comment

Originally posted by Mardok View Post
                In UT99 and UT2004 I always had a little trouble aiming because the beam gets in the way. This is just me talking, I don't know about everyone else.

I always wished for some kind solution to this and I think the curve in the beam will do just that.

Thanks Epic
                Glad to see another person shares my opinion. Woot

Comment

You mean, so that we get another Torlan?
                  No thanks, I prefer it fixed this time.

EDIT:
                  Where are all the immersion lovers when you need them to get rid of a curved beam?????

It got in the way when aiming.... ....sometimes I think bringing out a game like The Sims wasn't that bad after all, keeps people entertained who aren't made for FPS.

Comment

I'm against the curved beam, too, since it's apparently really curvy. If it were largely straight as in previous versions I'd be cool with it. Here's hoping they straighten it up some.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                      I'm against the curved beam, too, since it's apparently really curvy. If it were largely straight as in previous versions I'd be cool with it. Here's hoping they straighten it up some.
                      Or at least make it a clientside option for those that can handle this hard task to shoot somebody or something with a straight beam that has limited length.
                      Unfortunately it isn't that easy to do as other clientside options like samll weapons or classic weapon models since the beam is replicated.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                        Or at least make it a clientside option for those that can handle this hard task to shoot somebody or something with a straight beam that has limited length.
                        Unfortunately it isn't that easy to do as other clientside options like samll weapons or classic weapon models since the beam is replicated.

it would apply the arc to both your link gun and to any link guns you see wouldn't it?

Comment

The curve does absolutely nothing for depth perception.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                            How do you figure? For me it tells me where the beam stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                              Agreed, in UT99 it was straight, but I knew when I did and did not hit my oponent. Theres stuff like blood, yes blood coming out of the enemy, when he/she is hit.

Comment

Working...
                              X