• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Leave it how it is..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you really surprised?

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
    If I were the one who came up with the idea, perhaps the insult would bother me. I am not, so whatever. I created this thread to get it out of another thread, that seems plagued by this discussion.
    *(the discussion in question had nothing to do with the topic)...
    Intentsly
    Originally posted by Jonny View Post
    Yes i do, which is why im suprised this thread exists - guess people missed that info. I cant be bothered to look it up but they basically said that earlier in development they made it so you could kill people with the hoverboard. However this lead to people switching to the HB when they met, both trying to chop the others heads off and not fight. Seeing as the whole point of the HB was to get INTO the action and not be used in the action itself, they scrapped this idea.

However as Boksha just reminded me, i think the grapple beam can be used to saber people in two.
    You guessed right, I hadn't paid it close attention. Only because I could care less. I started this thread for the reason stated above...

Intentsly
    *added that part

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree it should not be a weapon but I think you should be able to fire off it.

DRIVE BY FOOL!

(If it was used as a weapon however lol it would be funny to see somone *SKATE _ JUMP OFF_ THEN the skate board goes into the persons body :0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    No worries. Notice the "used to".
    IIRC some Epic guy already said most of the offensive capabilities of the board have been removed.
    But, to be more plausible, I hope that, when I'll hit (while on the hoverboard) someone on foot, at least both fall and loose 1 health point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No worries. Notice the "used to".
    IIRC some Epic guy already said most of the offensive capabilities of the board have been removed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jonny View Post
    However as Boksha just reminded me, i think the grapple beam can be used to saber people in two.
    No offense but please no. Thats just one big bad idea!

We have enough weapons!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well what comes to my mind is if it only takes one hit from any weapon to knock someone off his board and after falling off your board you are vulnerable because it takes a while to get back on your feet. Wouldn’t it take quit a bit of skill to actually pull of a decapitation with a hoverboard? You would either have to take your opponent by total surprise or have mad hoverboard skills to dodge the incoming fire.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mark Rein did actually say that in an interview recently, that they got rid of that, over at gametrailers.com, think the interview was originally at 1up.com but i thought they might have changed their minds or something.... but i can still see it being a mutator later, so if ppl want to chop pplz heads off, they at least could have the option to turn in on i suppose.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iron12 View Post
    I read somewhere that at one time it could be used as a weapon. Perhaps decapitations but people where walking up to each other and then jumping on their boards and taking each others heads off. So they got rid of it. Did anybody else remember reading that?
    Yes i do, which is why im suprised this thread exists - guess people missed that info. I cant be bothered to look it up but they basically said that earlier in development they made it so you could kill people with the hoverboard. However this lead to people switching to the HB when they met, both trying to chop the others heads off and not fight. Seeing as the whole point of the HB was to get INTO the action and not be used in the action itself, they scrapped this idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    Grapple beam?
    Grapple beam.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hoover board shouldn't be a weapon. I think they ripped the idea from Jak 3 which made really good use of the hoover board since it had very large open areas and and similarly to Jak 3 in UT3 you can simply get off the hooverboard quickly and select a weapon...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    simply no... that would just be gay

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've heard mention of it, iron, but maybe not from official sources.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I read somewhere that at one time it could be used as a weapon. Perhaps decapitations but people where walking up to each other and then jumping on their boards and taking each others heads off. So they got rid of it. Did anybody else remember reading that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First thing I'm going to do in UT3 is make Ninja Turtle models, then put them on hoverboards and have them skate up a river doing stunts and add the sewer level music from TMNT on Super Nintendo.

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X